“nice atmosphere”

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Casselberry
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Description: At Smokey Bones, we specialize in three things: good food, good drinks, and good times. We are a bar and fire grill, but not necessarily in that order. We are grill masters who respect the power of the open flame. We like simple, yet flavorful recipes and believe marinating is not to be taken lightly. We know medium-rare isn't the only way to cook a steak, but believe it should be. We believe pork should be slow smoked and pulled often. Slow, as in 11 hours over hickory logs every night, and often, as in every day at every restaurant. We know it's our bartenders who make our drinks great, not the liquor. Although the liquor doesn't hurt. We think beer should be ice cold and consumed regularly. We know our servers bring much more than food to the table. We are big fans of sports, loud music, and surprises. And we believe in laughing often, especially at ourselves
Reviewed March 30, 2013

the atmosphere was comfortable for a bbq place but at the time they did not offer a baked potato only sweet potato.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Ribs is cooked good and good cuts of meat are used. I love the food with good service. My ice tea never got to the bottom. But, some other items were not so good and served cool.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We went to Smokey Bones BBQ last night and were quite pleased with the food and service.
To top it off our bill for two totaled only $28.o7 (with a $10 off coupon) which cannot be beat.
We both got the full rack of Baby Back Ribs and the meat was perfectly seasoned and tender. The baked beans were excellent and the sweet potato fries are the best I have ever tasted.
The only complaint was the mashed potatoes and gravy were very bland and tasteless.
The hostess who greeted us was extremely friendly and personable.
Our young server Nicole was very attentive to our requests and never quit smiling.
Rare to find restaurant workers who know how to treat customers and enjoy their job but they do both at Smokey Bones.
The men's bathroom was very clean but it had such a foul odor I thought maybe a dead animal was in there somewhere!
Smokey Bones in Casselberry is easy to find with ample parking and plenty of seating and would be ideal for a group outing.
I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Lets face it, it appears that Smokey Bones has gotten out of the real bbq business. They do not have any beef or brisket sandwiches. ?#$% Ive never heard of a bbq place that does not have a beef sandwich.
I got a burger that wasn't nearly as good as Five Guys.. but it was like 9.00 plus it didnt come with fries or anything. The food took like 40 minutes to come out for just two burgers. Pretty slow if you ask me.
Our server was really good though and she was working hard. The only reason I came was because I had a coupon. Prior to this visit its been a few years. I will not be coming back. They can have their 10.00 of 20.00 coupon. Its not worth it. I will go to 4 Rivers to get some real BBQ.

1  Thank sco0437
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Great BBQ! and fast service. We love the location for a regular customer and a hometown place to take out of town visitors, very good food!