“my stay here”

Home Towne Studios - Casselberry
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Casselberry
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The service is great here, worker are excellent help there are nice and friendly. druing my time here there been no problemly asking for what i needed. If there is was something that i couldn't do at the time they was very understanding and willing to give me time. Alicia did a wounderful job helping me out druing my stay here at the suburban extended stay hotel and the co-workers are very easy to talk with even helpful as well.

Thanks, great job
Latonya Watson

Room Tip: If you loking for great service and help this is the place.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Frank P, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Casselberry, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and continuing business with us...we at the Suburban Lodge stride to provide best services and make you feel home at all times.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is by far the sketchiest hotel I have ever stayed at. I saw drug deals going on in the parking lot and many poor families living in the rooms. I am a young female and was traveling on business at 2 AM someone tried to open the door of my room WITHOUT KNOCKING and only after I jumped up and slammed the door(I had the latch flipped over thank god!)did the man start saying he was security and that he had gotten a call someone was locked out of the room. I told him no one was locked out and that I had not called security and told the man to leave. Ten minutes later the man came back and started knocking on my door again saying the exact same thing, I told him again no one had called security and to leave and he just stood there, I finally told him I was calling the cops and he walked away. I called the police and the operator said officers were already at the hotel, no surprise there how scary this place was! When the police came they had the man with them and said that he was the security officer, and when I asked why he tried to walk in my room in the middle of the night without knocking he once again just said he was "responding to a maintenance call." The front desk was rude about the situation and would not refund my room and the security officer denied any of it ever happening. I am still convinced he was up to no good! Needless to say beware this place at all costs, especially if you are a young woman staying alone!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Frank P, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Casselberry, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Ashley
thank you for providing feedback...first of all I sincerely apologize about the issue you encountered during your stay...I am aware of what happened and I put myself into your shoes and would feel very upset if it happened to me. While I do feel accountable for what happpened I can only assure you our Over Night courtesy officer strides to provide a safe enviroment to our guest during night time and does not intend to do anything else besides taking care of our guests which is what he was attempting to do on that night and by accident made error. However there are no excuses to what happened. I wish I could have resolved earlier than this and if you get the chance please email me at frankie.pacienza@us.whg.com and I will make up the part of the stay you were not satisfied with.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Room had a very bad smell. There was no remote for TV. No cofee/sugar in room
Remote was supplied but did not work
Bad lighting
Towels were not changed
Carpet was full of dirt, walking barefoot on it for 2 minutes blackened the sole of our feet

We have not seen this bad a room in our 15 years of travels

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank P, General Manager at Home Towne Studios - Casselberry, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Kalo
thank you for providing feedback for our hotel...first and foremost let me forward my most sincere apologies to you for the non satisfying stay you had....my email is frankie.pacienza@us.whg.com if you wish to contact me directly I would like to make the part of your stay you were not satsfied with...I also wanted to inform you we have newly renovated rooms and for so for future you can reconsider us we would be happy to get a second opportunity should you come in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was planning on staying two weeks here. I was playing two golf events at Disney. I picked this hotel b/c they are pet friendly. I checked in and was given my keys. I went to room and it smelled horridly of cat pee. There was even a deodorizer machine running. It was disgusting. I promptly told the front desk clerk. She let me look at another room on the second floor. This one smelled so bad of mold and there was a druggy hanging out of next door. Yikes! Many poor families staying at this hotel with little kids in street! I could not bring myself to stay here due to cleanliness and safety.I would not even let let the dogs go in the rooms! I can't believe the girl at the front desk would even let me go into the cat pee room. When I told her she knew they had been trying to get rid of the smell! wow! run far away from this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

given th reputation of the immediate area, th lodge is a great place to stay, it provides u with everything u need to survive, fridge, sink, stove, microwave,cable (with hbo)& wi-fi ect., ect for a very reasonable rate, other places have a higher rate, minus the kitchen and the large rooms. And the staff is very helpfull, i would recommend it to anyone. it has big rooms with a large closet and bathroom...... It has a Starbucks, Denny's, amscott, gamestop, & a slew of other shops just moments from ur room!!! if ur excpecting th Waldorf astoria, for $50 a night, come on, u wont find that anywhere. be reasonable. th lodge provides more than what th $50 price tag requires. thank u to the staff of the suburban lodge for making my family and i's stay an enjoyable one <3

Room Tip: corner rooms i feel are the best in any hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fred p
Reviewed September 30, 2012

THINK OF A SEEDY MOTEL SURROUNDED BY EMPTY STRIP MALLS. NOW THINK OF THAT HOTEL AFTER A ROACH PARADE!! It was so gross I did not even allow my dog to go inside. I would have gone to another hotel but I arrived late at night and didn't know where else to go. The cleanest part of the place was the laundry room so I spent the whole night doing laundry and sleeping in the car with my pit bull dog to keep watch. She is not a guard dog but did a great job as a fake aggressive dog just by looking the way she does; my dog travels with me as a medical service canine... Any way, just save yourself a night of terror and go anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It has a great location, excellent price; I know this because I did my homework, for three days and no other hotel in the area had this price. I also went througt a situation were I needed inmediate atention and for my surprice the G.M. from the company responded at soon as he got my email and solved my situation right away...He was very profetional and attentive. My son now staying there because I recomended it to him...

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c noise and nice view..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casselberry
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#7 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
3 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1040 Greenwood Blvd
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1760 Pembrook Dr.
Candlewood Suites Lake Mary
Candlewood Suites Lake Mary
#10 of 12 in Lake Mary

Been to Home Towne Studios - Casselberry? Share your experiences!