Home Towne Studios - Casselberry
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fern Park Motel(Fern Park)
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

THINK OF A SEEDY MOTEL SURROUNDED BY EMPTY STRIP MALLS. NOW THINK OF THAT HOTEL AFTER A ROACH PARADE!! It was so gross I did not even allow my dog to go inside. I would have gone to another hotel but I arrived late at night and didn't know where else to go. The cleanest part of the place was the laundry room so I spent the whole night doing laundry and sleeping in the car with my pit bull dog to keep watch. She is not a guard dog but did a great job as a fake aggressive dog just by looking the way she does; my dog travels with me as a medical service canine... Any way, just save yourself a night of terror and go anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It has a great location, excellent price; I know this because I did my homework, for three days and no other hotel in the area had this price. I also went througt a situation were I needed inmediate atention and for my surprice the G.M. from the company responded at soon as he got my email and solved my situation right away...He was very profetional and attentive. My son now staying there because I recomended it to him...

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c noise and nice view..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place is awful they dont provide you with clean sheets or towels unless upon request floors are dirty, freezer doesn't open only two housekeepers out here today so my room wont be cleaned (what a shame)paid for one week and can not get room vaccumed such a waste of money take my ADVICE don't get a room here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Meisha G
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The exterior of the property appears nice but the room was not so great. The bed spread had holes it in from smokers. Requested a non-smoking room but did not get it. The location was good, but disappointed in the hotel overall. However, the price was good. We stayed there 3 nights to go to the Daytona 500 and no hotels were available in Daytona. Close to highway for good access to go to Daytona. Liked having the ref. and coffee maker in the room but we had no ice for drinks and no coffee for the coffee maker. Had to go to WalMart for the coffee. Wifi worked only if standing outside of the room. Disappointed.
Would not stay there again. Could no recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we were going to the 2012 Daytona 500. It was only 45-60min from the track and the price was right, plus for a few days, an extended stay hotel was perfect. So we thought.

The bad things:

*The carpet was not clean and probably did not have a good steam clean in ages. I was constantly washing my feet.
*The kitchen cabinet listed a lengthy list of dishes, kitchenware, etc, but we only had 2 large plates, 2 small plates, 2 each of forks, spoons, regular knives and steak knives, 1 cutting board, 1 frying pan. There weren't even any bowls or a roll of paper towels. I had to use one of the complimentary bottles of shampoo to wash the dishes and use our bathroom towels to dry them.
*The refrigerator kept things cold, but the freezer section never really froze anything.
*The room had a funky odor that went away after we were in it for a while. It kinda of smelled like wet dog (ick!).
*There were cigarette burns in the comforters.
*Pretty sure I saw a flea or two (possibly from the "wet dog"?).

The good things:

*The price was right. We couldn't beat it, especially on a last minute, restricted budget.
*The ladies at the front desk were very helpful. After the Daytona 500 was rained out on Sunday, they helped up extend our stay by an extra night without any hassles (same rate, too).
*The hotel itself is in the heart of everything in the Casselberry/Winter Garden/Altamonte area. Plenty of restaurants, stores and things to do.

I probably wouldn't stay here again for anything more than an overnight. If you're planning on more than two or three days, find another extended stay hotel. The few extra dollars will probably be worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family