We stayed at this hotel because we were going to the 2012 Daytona 500. It was only 45-60min from the track and the price was right, plus for a few days, an extended stay hotel was perfect. So we thought.
The bad things:
*The carpet was not clean and probably did not have a good steam clean in ages. I was constantly washing my feet.
*The kitchen cabinet listed a lengthy list of dishes, kitchenware, etc, but we only had 2 large plates, 2 small plates, 2 each of forks, spoons, regular knives and steak knives, 1 cutting board, 1 frying pan. There weren't even any bowls or a roll of paper towels. I had to use one of the complimentary bottles of shampoo to wash the dishes and use our bathroom towels to dry them.
*The refrigerator kept things cold, but the freezer section never really froze anything.
*The room had a funky odor that went away after we were in it for a while. It kinda of smelled like wet dog (ick!).
*There were cigarette burns in the comforters.
*Pretty sure I saw a flea or two (possibly from the "wet dog"?).
The good things:
*The price was right. We couldn't beat it, especially on a last minute, restricted budget.
*The ladies at the front desk were very helpful. After the Daytona 500 was rained out on Sunday, they helped up extend our stay by an extra night without any hassles (same rate, too).
*The hotel itself is in the heart of everything in the Casselberry/Winter Garden/Altamonte area. Plenty of restaurants, stores and things to do.
I probably wouldn't stay here again for anything more than an overnight. If you're planning on more than two or three days, find another extended stay hotel. The few extra dollars will probably be worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful Casselberry Florida, which is minutes from Winter Park, Orlando and the Daytona Beaches, the Home-Towne Studios of Casselberry offers affordable extended stay lodging. Home-Towne Studios of Casselberry features spacious studios comfortably furnished and equipped with kitchens and living areas. This hotel boasts a friendly staff and provides guest excellent customer service. This hotel provides free parking, Wi-Fi, and premium cable television. Guests here also enjoy 24 hour access to the onsite laundry facility and vending area. If shopping and dining are in your plans then a visit to Winter Park or Downtown Orlando would only be minutes away and many restaurants here are touted as the Best in Florida. There are many colleges and universities in the vicinity such as, Full Sail University, Valencia Community College, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Marine Tech, and Herzing Institute. Delight yourself with the visit to the beaches or tourist attractions nearby. Staying with Home-Towne Studios of Casselberry offers great savings by utilizing our in room kitchens and laundry facilities. We look forward to see you as our valued guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Home Towne Studios - Casselberry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suburban Extended Stay Casselberry
- Suburban Extended Stay Orlando
- Extended Stay Orlando
- Extended Stay Casselberry
- Casselberry Extended Stay