“Our favorite getaway”
Review of Cassadaga Hotel

Cassadaga Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cassadaga
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Coming to Cassadaga always feels like coming home. The people are welcoming and friendly. If you have never experienced cassadaga and the cassadaga hotel, you are definetly missing out on this unique and peaceful experience.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Lust4life82506
There are newer reviews for Cassadaga Hotel

Reviewed December 10, 2012

No hot water, or so it seemed. I apparently didn't have the faucet turned on long enough to ever experience hot water. I told the front desk about how I let the water run for 10 minutes and never got hot water. I was told that I should have let it run for 15 minutes and then the hot water would have finally flowed. I've stayed in old hotels before. I actually like the character old hotels have, but I have never had an issue with hot water (or lack of) in any hotel like I did with the Cassadaga Hotel. If it indeed takes 15 minutes for the hot water to kick in, then this is a detail that needs to be mentioned upon check-in!!! This one issue is a big deal for me, which is why I gave the hotel a poor rating. Thank God I wasn't staying here more than one night. Even the worst hotels that I have stayed at have had hot water!

Another thing I was not pleased to see was the dust on the ceiling fan. As I was looking up at the ceiling fan from the bed, I notice the fan blades are caked with dust. It was rather disgusting. Forget dust bunnies, these were dust bears!

The Cassadaga Hotel is an old hotel, and it is mostly wooden, so the walls are paper thin. I could hear conversations held in the room across the hall from me with both doors closed! The bathrooms are functional, but don't expect a bathroom like you would see in many modern hotels. With all that said, I do like the hotel. I love old hotels, and I love the wooden floors. I also enjoyed just sitting on a chair on the veranda, enjoying the quiet of the neighborhood. I would love to stay at the Cassadaga Hotel again, but only if they can fix their hot water issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the front desk if you like quiet, although if someone is noisy in the room n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Maketrax
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked two rooms and one was larger than the other, including the restroom. One had a bathtub but the other room had a tiny shower almost on top of the toilet FOR THE SAME PRICE. They claim the rooms are the same size which is not true, but they certainly charge the same high price of $80 for a room with paper thin walls where you hear people snoring and breathing. IT'S NOT worth the price. You might as well book a place a little out of town but I'm positive it will be worth your money.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a decent sized bathroom. Get the rooms further from the entrance a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank sunflower122
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We just returned from an overnight at the hotel. I have been to casadaga a few times. I see a wonderful medium. First time staying over. We had the deluxe room because they were sold out. We were given room 25 which we were told we were meant to be in. We were told it was the most active room and all the physic investigaters stay in that room, which was very exciting. No orbs or spirits, none in the many pictures I had developed. The resturant was great. The staff was great. The room rugs were a bit dirty. And hotel can be a bit updated without loosing the uniqueness. I will always come to see my medium but I doubt I would stay at the hotel again, Sorry, wish I had a better review.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sweeties854
Reviewed September 20, 2012

we didnt see or experience any ghosts but it was definitely worth staying at this hotel. the staff isnt there at night which is common to "haunted" hotels so it was only one other couple staying the night we were there. i heard one noise around 3am. it sounded like someone had thrown something outside which could or could not have been a ghost. but just the creepiness of the old hotel made it an interesting stay. we took the advice of other reviews and tried the restaurant which was delicious. we also saw one bad review where they said there were bugs. this almost swayed us into not staying since we're real sticklers when it comes to cleanliness. but we didnt see ONE bug anywhere. the carpet couldve been a little cleaner but other than that the room was very well kept for a 100 year old hotel. plus if youre going for a spooky time, who wants a brand new hotel room ? our overall critique is that it was definitely worth the trip. we were happy we checked it out !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank buzznyc
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed at the Cassadaga Hotel about a week ago. We were unable to arrive within normal check-in times, and whoever was at the front desk was very helpful and left our door open for our late arrival. I'm not sure how else they would handle this, but it was alright for us. The room was small, but clean. The bathroom was very tiny, but we were not expecting a five-star room. Mattress a little hard for one of our party, but I slept just fine. We were the only ones, besides another couple, there that night. It was surprising when, at 3:30 a.m., we decided to finally go to bed after having been out on the veranda, and a loud conversation was heard out in the hall. The lights to Room 6 were out so it was surprising that someone was talking that loudly in the dark. However, then we began to hear a crowd of people talking, like there was a party out in the hallway. It was awesome! We came for the ghosts, and we got them!

We had a little trouble with the hot water, but the housekeeping lady was very helpful and turned on the hot water in the rooms on either side of us, and we then had hot water after letting it fun for a few minutes. We really liked her.

My traveling companion received a reading from one of the hotel's resident psychics: Mary. The reading was too general, she pumped my friend for information, and you could tell she was a cold reader. Not impressed at all.

The hotel was perfect, and we enjoyed the town, it's residents (seen and unseen) immensely. Hope to make it back again.

Room Tip: Room 3 was small, clean, and had a good air conditioner. The door was a little sticky.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fauxgoddess
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A date and I traveled to Cassadaga so she could "consult" with one of the mediums. While she received the reading I toured the town. Note: This tour took approximately 7 minutes however I did spend 20-30 minutes touring the hotel. It was certainly a trip back in time. The owner was gracious and spent her time to delve into the history, folk lore and intrigue of not only the hotel but the community. In viewing a few of the rooms I would certainly stay there and I would recommend this hotel if you appreciate the time warp from the 20's.

Room Tip: The ratings posted above are based on my tour, the rates quoted and an anticipated sleep quality. &q...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beach750
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cassadaga
Alling House Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#3 of 5 in Orange City
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona

Been to Cassadaga Hotel? Share your experiences!