“Loved how quaint it was.”
Review of Cassadaga Hotel

Cassadaga Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cassadaga
Austin, Texas
“Loved how quaint it was.”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed at the Cassadaga Hotel about a week ago. We were unable to arrive within normal check-in times, and whoever was at the front desk was very helpful and left our door open for our late arrival. I'm not sure how else they would handle this, but it was alright for us. The room was small, but clean. The bathroom was very tiny, but we were not expecting a five-star room. Mattress a little hard for one of our party, but I slept just fine. We were the only ones, besides another couple, there that night. It was surprising when, at 3:30 a.m., we decided to finally go to bed after having been out on the veranda, and a loud conversation was heard out in the hall. The lights to Room 6 were out so it was surprising that someone was talking that loudly in the dark. However, then we began to hear a crowd of people talking, like there was a party out in the hallway. It was awesome! We came for the ghosts, and we got them!

We had a little trouble with the hot water, but the housekeeping lady was very helpful and turned on the hot water in the rooms on either side of us, and we then had hot water after letting it fun for a few minutes. We really liked her.

My traveling companion received a reading from one of the hotel's resident psychics: Mary. The reading was too general, she pumped my friend for information, and you could tell she was a cold reader. Not impressed at all.

The hotel was perfect, and we enjoyed the town, it's residents (seen and unseen) immensely. Hope to make it back again.

Room Tip: Room 3 was small, clean, and had a good air conditioner. The door was a little sticky.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fauxgoddess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Indialantic, FL
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A date and I traveled to Cassadaga so she could "consult" with one of the mediums. While she received the reading I toured the town. Note: This tour took approximately 7 minutes however I did spend 20-30 minutes touring the hotel. It was certainly a trip back in time. The owner was gracious and spent her time to delve into the history, folk lore and intrigue of not only the hotel but the community. In viewing a few of the rooms I would certainly stay there and I would recommend this hotel if you appreciate the time warp from the 20's.

Room Tip: The ratings posted above are based on my tour, the rates quoted and an anticipated sleep quality. &q...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beach750
Brimfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 29, 2012

When visiting Florida to see my sister, she suggested we go to Cassadaga Hotel for a reading. Not sure what to expect, it was truly an amazing experience. I wish I lived closer to re-visit sooner. I had a women medium Traci DiCaprio. If you want to connect with your lost ones, Traci is the person to ask for. I was kinda skeptical not sure what may happen. Traci knew nothing about me or even asked me anything for her to know what I experienced. My parents and brother came through very strong and Traci told me things through them that was right on. She had no idea why she was telling me things except they wanted her to let me know. This women is truly the real thing and has a gift that was far beyond anything I could have imagined. Thank you Traci for allowing me to know and feel like I am not alone and they are always around me in one way or another. When returning to Florida, I know we will take a trip to see Traci.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Debra P
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is adorable and there are plenty of things to look at an appreciate. The parking gets jammed easily but opens up just as easily. I think more people use it than are actually staying at the hotel. It inadvertently doubles as a visitor's center of sorts. While I was afraid based off of other reviews, I saw no bedbugs, no roaches, no dirt of any kind even, and everything seemed dust-free and well-maintained in my room (no complaints from the other two rooms in my party either). Can't speak to the quality of the hotel psychics as far as reading abilities, but was told by one in my party the seances were more theatrics than anything and that those held at the Colby Temple down the street were more appropriate to those with serious emotional or familial needs. For what it's worth, I did see Birdie a little ways down the street and in a short half hour she blew my mind. No vague interchangeable information. Timelines and full names and specific details. It was a trip, but ultimately very helpful and gave me some outside perspective!

Room Tip: People in my party were picking by "ghostliness." They felt 5 and 6 might have problems, w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank John F
Minneola, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently took a trip with my parents on their anniversary to Cassadaga. We stayed at the Cassadaga Hotel. Built in 1927, it naturally had an erie feeling. Known for being haunted and spiritually energized, we were hoping for some kind of experience. My mother had a reading with a Medium named Mary. The results of that reading were very poor and nothing she said happened. Also, we had 3 people in our group and asked to be in the same room due to the fact none of us were going to sleep alone in this haunted hotel. We were given rooms 25 and 26 for $150.00, finding out the next morning that there were several other rooms that slept up to 4 people and would cost $55 and $10 extra for the 3rd person. This was also troubling. Seems like 2 scams from the rental of the room to the reading with no results. There were no occurrences that evening. We were up all night totally freaked out by the spooky environment. The restaurant food and service was great. The large dead cockroach on the floor was very uninviting. Not to mention the 35 dead cockroaches in the bathroom in the upstairs hallway near the seance room was disgusting. You would think, with people lingering around the hotel looking for ghosts, that any area open to the hotel guests would be clean. The room however, we found very clean for the age of the hotel. I do not find the spiritual part with the spirits and energy in the hotel to be a scam and I did get an orb on camera at Spirit Lake along with a couple of spooky happenings. In short, I have no problem with the dead, it was the living taking us for a ride. I would do it again though. Remember, get me once shame on you, get me twice shame on me.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that sleeps up to 4 with 2 beds if you have 4 people or more. It will...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank michael w
Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

While visiting Florida I has a chance to spend the night at the Cassadaga Hotel. I found the staff lovely, and my room charming. The room was spotless, and linens of good quality. The furnishings were of the period the hotel was built, and this was was I was looking for. The restaurant had wonderful food, and I would return just to enjoy the food. There were three in my party, and we came to investigate the hotel for spirit activity. We were the only guest in the hotel that night, and had the place all to our selves. I had several paranormal occurrences, from banging on my door, to voices saying my name on my bedside recorder. We walked away with tons of paranormal evidence. From video evidence to multi class A EVPs. I will certainly do a return visit to the hotel.

Room Tip: We were given the choice of several rooms, we liked the rooms off the main porch.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Beema
Sunrise
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Cassadaga is a quaint little town, I really didn't know what to expect going in to this. The hotel was nice, very quiet, and the people there were very nice. If you are looking to reconnect with a lost loved one, you should see Traci DiCaprio, she is a Medium that works for the Hotel. So worth it, she was absolutely amazing. DO NOT get a reading from Trish Smith, she is a complete fake. My friend was so disappointed, she seemed to just make things up. The seance with Mary Hayes, at the Hotel was also an enlightening experience. If this is something that you have been thinking about doing, you should definitely stop in. I will for sure be back!!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs and I was very happy with our room. I am sure all of the rooms are great, I didnt...
Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Christy D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cassadaga
Orange City Motel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#4 of 5 in Orange City

Been to Cassadaga Hotel? Share your experiences!