“good food at very reasonable prices”
Review of Outback Tampa - Carrollwood - MOVED

Outback Tampa - Carrollwood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good food. Call ahead is great. Check out the many specials. We got s lobster tail for under $5 added to our steak dinner

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We have been long time customers of outback and this particular location. Service has been going down and the steaks are poor quality. You can get better value from other Tampa restaurants. We have had to consistently send meals back time after time

1  Thank Garbagedoctor
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Okay, it's Outback so we're not talking gourmet food. But, for those (like us) that like the menu at this chain restaurant, this Carrollwood location is excellent. We've been to Outback restaurants in several states (including several in this area of FL) and had become frustrated with the lack of consistency with regard to food and service. We had actually stopped patronizing the chain because of this. We received a gift card and decided to use it at the Carrollwood location. We were very impressed with the food and the service and have since returned several times. So far, every visit has been just as excellent. If you are an Outback fan, I recommend this Carrollwood location.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we had a party of 6 and did call ahead seating. We had to wait longer than estimated but understand that its just and estimate. Every course of our meal took longer than it normally does and should. We are regular diners at this Outback location and this meal was too long. Even one of the servers(who wasn't serving us) came over to apologize about the situation in the kitchen. The server said there were issues in the kitchen that night. Even desert was poorly done. There multiple deserts were brought over but we had to wait for forks and plates.

1  Thank photoguy_10
Reviewed January 27, 2013

On the night that we thought that the Gasparilla revelers would be in downtown Tampa, we ended up in the middle of the party in Carrollwood. The restaurant couldn't possibly be more packed, but the staff was able to handle the crowd. The kitchen was "slammed", but the few glitches which occured at our table were quickly remedied. Our server, Stephanie, did a marvelous job of taking care of our table. When the order was taking longer to come out than it should have, she showed up at our table with two bowls of wonderful soup "on the house". When our orders arrived, there seemed to be disparity between the two plates. The Teriyaki Filet Medallions plate was covered with food, while the Steak & Mixed Seafood Grill looked like it left the kitchen before the plating was finished. The baked potato was great, but the seafood side did not look anything like the menu photo. The shrimp were quite small, and the "bed of salsa" that they were supposed to rest on, consisted of just a few pieces. I mentioned to Stephanie the lack of salsa on the plate, and she immediately brought some to the table. I almost forgot to mention the steak - THE best tasting, most perfectly cooked steak that I've had in a very long time. I also tasted the Teryaki Filet Medallions. Let's just say that that's what I'm ordering the next time. I want a whole plate for myself.
I have to mention the staff and the manager that were working Saturday night. They know how to take a potentially chaotic situation and make it work correctly. The manager that evening was very engaged, and that makes for a successful restaurant. He was there directing the staff, just as a symphony conductor leads his orchestra. He was even able to see that I had put one of my shrimp aside because it wasn't cooked completly. A dish of four wonderfully plated shrimp arrived at our table very quickly, to make up for the one that slipped through the kitchen. It's this attention to detail that keeps us going back to certain restaurants. Needless to say, we'll be back here very soon.
Outback in Carrollwood has my highest recommendation.

1  Thank SecretChef50