“Managing the Gasparilla Madness”
Review of Outback Tampa - Carrollwood - MOVED

Outback Tampa - Carrollwood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Managing the Gasparilla Madness”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

On the night that we thought that the Gasparilla revelers would be in downtown Tampa, we ended up in the middle of the party in Carrollwood. The restaurant couldn't possibly be more packed, but the staff was able to handle the crowd. The kitchen was "slammed", but the few glitches which occured at our table were quickly remedied. Our server, Stephanie, did a marvelous job of taking care of our table. When the order was taking longer to come out than it should have, she showed up at our table with two bowls of wonderful soup "on the house". When our orders arrived, there seemed to be disparity between the two plates. The Teriyaki Filet Medallions plate was covered with food, while the Steak & Mixed Seafood Grill looked like it left the kitchen before the plating was finished. The baked potato was great, but the seafood side did not look anything like the menu photo. The shrimp were quite small, and the "bed of salsa" that they were supposed to rest on, consisted of just a few pieces. I mentioned to Stephanie the lack of salsa on the plate, and she immediately brought some to the table. I almost forgot to mention the steak - THE best tasting, most perfectly cooked steak that I've had in a very long time. I also tasted the Teryaki Filet Medallions. Let's just say that that's what I'm ordering the next time. I want a whole plate for myself.
I have to mention the staff and the manager that were working Saturday night. They know how to take a potentially chaotic situation and make it work correctly. The manager that evening was very engaged, and that makes for a successful restaurant. He was there directing the staff, just as a symphony conductor leads his orchestra. He was even able to see that I had put one of my shrimp aside because it wasn't cooked completly. A dish of four wonderfully plated shrimp arrived at our table very quickly, to make up for the one that slipped through the kitchen. It's this attention to detail that keeps us going back to certain restaurants. Needless to say, we'll be back here very soon.
Outback in Carrollwood has my highest recommendation.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank SecretChef50

Tampa, Florida
“The Food Was Good - The Staff Here Was Up Beat And Much Nicer.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was very crowded a day before New Year's eve but we waited because we wanted to have a good dinner. We have not been back to this location for several years so we thought we would give it a try. Our last experience in another Outback at a different location was not too pleasant.

We were given a large booth with just the two of us. Everyone seemed happy and friendly in this location.

I ordered a full rack of baby back ribs with sweet potato fries. The ribs were tender and delicious and the fries were delicious. The bread was warm and good, as always.
My husband ordered a walkabout soup, steamed asparagus and a New York strip, medium rare. The steak came cold so he sent it back to grill for a few minutes. It came back very tough. The gentleman who brought it out apologized and said, he would have another one cooked. Within just a few minutes, he was out with another piece of steak that he said was already on the grill. That was a nice gesture but it was a rib eye and not a New York strip. By the time my husband got his steak, I had already finished eating. Our waitress, Michelle, was so apologetic. She was aware that we waited a long time to get our food. They took out the steak from the bill. In spite of the error and the long wait, we will be back here because the staff had a very good attitude. They were all so pleasant.

• Visited December 2012
Tampa, Florida
“The Best Steak and all around meals in Tampa”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I love this Outback as I have frequented many, but the Northdale/Carrolwood Outback is special. All the entrees were outstanding. I love the Ribeye with a delicious chopped salad. Warm bread with honey butter for starters and many creative hors devours.The Staff is outstanding as well and friendly. Refills are automatic when it comes to drinks and the wait is managed properly especially in this busy region of Tampa off of Dale Mabry. THis where I go for my birthday every year to celebrate as I am given the decision to select wherever I want to go! Hands down this eatery is Number 1!

Visited July 2012
Tampa
“Open for Lunch!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were lucky to be invited to a special preview of Outback Carrollwod’s new Lunch menu on Friday, August 3rd.
I have it on good authority that they are officially open for lunch at this location beginning Sunday, August 5th.

We began with the chicken wing appetizer.
The finish was authentic Anchor Bar Buffalo style,
with a crisp lightly battered fry crust with just the right amount of sauce baked on.
The medium sauce was just hot enough. These guys have got it down.
The Ranch style dipping sauce was not thrilling,
but one order was enough for three hungry guys.

They have a wide variety of sandwiches offered. One of us got the shaved prime rib and said it was remarkable. It came with fries, another thing Outback has down pat.

The other two got the rib eye steak, he got the baked potato side, and I got the grilled asparagus.

The steak was tasty with their signature black pepper rub, and cooked exactly to order.

The salads were served on chilled plates and the entree plates were hot.

The server was Brian, who is always excellent.

Although the salad and asparagus left a lot to be desired,
Outback is still the best place for the Steak and Potato crowd.

• Visited August 2012
Lutz, Florida
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I went here a few weeks ago. We sat at the bar and had appetizers and entrees as well as some cocktails. It was not our first time here and have been to several Outback locations in other parts of the US. One of the things we appreciate about Outback is the consistancy from unit to unit and quality of service and food.

• Visited June 2012