“Wonderful...”

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Tallahassee, Florida
“Wonderful...”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Like walking back in time. Such an important memorial to such brave soldiers. So happy this time and place has not been forgotten.

Visited March 2014

alabama
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a must see in the area. Even if you are not a history buff, you need to tour the museum. We were given a personal tour and I found it to be very interesting. This museum is better than some of the WWII museums in France. Don't miss it!

Visited March 2014
Lindale, Georgia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“This is a must visit museum, It tells the true story of the wwII invasion”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been a World Wat II Historian since childhood. My family lost 2 sons during the war. While traveling down Hwy 98 East, our group came across the Camp Gordon Johnson Museum. If you like history and if you ever lost a relative during WWII this is a must place to visit. As I stated at the first of my review, I have searched WWII archives since I was a child. I had never heard about this Camp and it's service to our country until this past week and I am now 61 Years of age. Please do yourself and your family a favor and visit this museum.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Dale_Shannon
Moultrie, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great museum to visit if you like history.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

If you like WWII history you will like this museum. Not many people knew that this area was used for practice like the Normandy invasion. They are still finding artifacts and many are in the museum. The people that work there know a lot about the history around this community.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Travler31768
Rockledge, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great unknown museum”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

this is a great museum that tells the story of events in WWII that most people are aware.

The volunteer working when we visited was very friendly and a true wealth of knowledge

Visited May 2013