“Interesting evening”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were a party of 6 and sat at the hibachi table for dinner. The show put on by the chef was entertaining and creates an interesting dining experience. We had filet, scallops, shrimp and chicken with rice and veg. The food was OK, but lacked a truly distinctive flavour from dish to dish. I personally asked for my chicken to be spicy and my wish was accommodated. The volcano onion is quite a show.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went there last night for my birthday dinner with my boyfriend (we are in our 20s). We chose to do the hibachi and we sat with two other groups. We have done hibachi before up north and I found it pretty comparable! You don't get the noodles but they made up for it with the other food! You get a clear soup, ginger salad, a ton of rice and vegetables, and I got chicken and scallops but my boyfriend opted for steak and chicken. My boyfriend thought the food was the best we've ever had and I was very happy too (leftovers were great the next day!) I was very happy with our visit there and the service. The other couple we sat with had been there before for sushi.. And said it was good! Every once and awhile I see a groupon for kumo!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner at the sushi bar on New Years Eve. Service was excellent, the sushi chefs were awesome as was the sushi!! We also ordered some hibachi dishes, which had great flavor, but they were a bit cold. Despite that, we had a great experience and will definitely be back soon!!

1  Thank Busy_mom_loving_life
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have been to Kumo several times and it is always freshly made, awesome presentation and great taste. Our favorites are the hawaii, volcano and dragon rolls. We will be returning in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

terrible terrible terrible..... 8 of us went for lunch, no hibachi running at that time we all ordered everyone got their food except for me.... (mine was a simple house fried rice) after everyone had finished lunch the waiter brought out take home boxes and stated that my food was about to come out.... WHAT! ??? Sorry, but we we're leaving we told him and he said he would take it off the bill.... i had two drinks while i was there.. was i comped for them? NO! what a frightful mess of a restarant!!! Manager came over to see if all was good as we were leaving we told her of the incident , she said "sorry , i don't know why it took so long?" need to manage your place a lot better was my response ...i will never step foot into that place again!

1  Thank Doug P