“Update on my previous review”

Kumo Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #121 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Vienna, Austria
“Update on my previous review”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

OK, so after not going there for a year or so, my wife and I were craving sushi the other night. Since Kumo is close to our house, we decided to give it another go. We weren't particular happy the first time around, but everybody deserves a second chance.

Glad we went, we were not disappointed. On the contrary: this was the best sushi we had in the US so far. We had the Dragon roll as well as mackerel and yellow tail. It was made right before our eyes at the sushi bar. The sushi chefs outdid themselves. Fresh ingredients and a spectacular sight for the eye, this was a true experience.

The service was impeccable - friendly, fast and professional.

We were prepared for a heart attack when the check came, but were very pleasantly surprised. Including drinks, the whole meal for two was under $ 45.00! Excellent value.

Go there and try it out. We will be back soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Hibachi style Japanese food with comical chef to prepare.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The fountain and bridge as you enter transport you to Japan where you are asked if you would like to dine at a table or hibachi grill. We chose hibachi and were not disappointed with the filet mignon, shrimp, fried rice, and veggies. Also enjoyed the ginger salad. Soup was okay. Only disadvantage if you dine hibachi and want a private romantic dinner, you will probably be with other people since tables seat 8.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical hibachi experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Kumo provided a typical hibachi experience. Our food was good and the service was average. My only complaint would've been the hibachi chef spent more time on personal conversations with a few of the diners rather than engaging the whole table in the experience. The food seemed fresh and was well prepared.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I have beeing dining here since it opened. We come here about every 2-3 weeks. The staff is extremely nice and accommodating. I do not like shrimp, but this is the only place I will eat it. Not fishy at all. Their yummy yummy cream sauce is to die for. I will buy if from them sometimes on my way home from work because it is so good. My husband has had the sea bass, calamari,salmon,scallops and more. He loves it too. We go here every year for my birthday. You have to save room for dessert. The fried cheesecake is delightful. My parents told me about it as they have been coming here since it opened as well. Only place where 2 can dine for $50 bucks and be stuffed! We've dined at other restaurants and have spent well over $50 and really weren't all that full. The guys back at the sushi bar do some really neat displays. You have to try this place!!!

• Visited July 2013
North Fort Myers, Florida
“A very nice Hibachi Restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first visit to this establishment. They have a small dining area between 8 hibachi grills(4 grills on each side). The tables seat 4 but several could be place together for a larger party. They have a sushi bar in the rear. we went at 7:15 on a Sunday. The hibachi grill were pretty full and only 2 parties at the table area. It took awhile for the waitress to get our drink order and a longer time to get our dinner order. We were in no rush. Another server noticed that we were waiting a long time so he gave us a complimentary sea leg, egg, cucumber salad which was a nice gesture. We ordered the Royal Deluxe (16 shashimi, 6 sushi, calif roll & tuna roll) which came with soup & salad. The sushi was very good and plenty. The green salad with ginger dressing & miso soup were good. The Royal Deluxe for $27.98 is enough for two. We would return, hopefully a quicker server next time!

• Visited July 2013