Review Highlights

Reviewed January 26, 2019
goingplacesfamily
Canadian Rockies, Canada
via mobile

All reviews fish platform kayaking viewing manatees osprey picnic launch tide canal nesting mangroves cape birds
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

We enjoyed the quiet moment to enjoy the views even though it was a bit warm. Next time we are taking kayaks!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2019

With luck you see Manatees.. There are as well places for fishing. And some information desks about what you can see.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

We thought the cool weather would bring out the manatees but no luck. We were impressed by the park though; paved sidewalks, information on the manatee, a butterfly and bug area and a few areas to view the canal for manatees. Maybe next time...

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank goingplacesfamily
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

My son had a fishing tournament and don’t have a boat, Cape Coral does not have a ton of parks where you can fish in salt/fresh water. To residents that have been here a long time remember this where the locks to get out to open water. The city did a nice job cleaning this area up making it a great place to walk with the family(dog) with nice young trees and plants that should grow into a beautiful mature park. There is an area to fish but we saw only one other person fishing from the park. The best thing in my opinion is there is a kayak launch. It was made for only kayaks and canoes. There were probably about six to eight people using the launch but it was not busy or crowded with people. The city is doing work in the area adding Utilities and have the road torn up and it will most like be this way for many months. This may seem like a bad thing but use this chance to get out there with few people and enjoy the natural beauty and maybe a few like minded people. This is the place if you need a place to get the kayak in the water and enjoy the birds, fish, and I was three Manatee’s, one that was very small and the other two were good size. I saw them separate and throughout the day. Speaking with a regular park goer he said he said that he regularly sees them. June is not the best time to see them they are resident ones. I will say that if you go please help keep the park looking good. I fished and cleaned up anything I used as not to leave anything, but even if you are just walking please pick any trash fishing line cups or anything else. Great park and a rare win for the city. If you are a kayaker find this place.

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank brandonp589
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely little park to wander around. There is a circular path around the park, along the canals, with viewing platforms and lots of information boards about the manatees. The park is very well maintained and nicely set out with a large covered seating area, Osprey nesting pole (Complete with Osprey chicks that were visible from the ground when I visited.) and a lovely bookcase with childrens books for children to be able to sit and read in the park. I didn't see any Manatees on either of my visits to the park but both visits were on hot days and it seems I was there too late in the day as according to other people in the park the manatees had been there earlier in the morning. Despite this I really enjoyed my time in the park and saw lots of other wildlife in and around the water.

Date of experience: March 2018