“Awesome”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Great food with an awesome view and a friendly staff. Take a boat ride over and enjoy the sites along the way.

1  Thank Cynthia P

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have been to Rumrunners quite a few times. We prefer to go in the "early bird" period in the late afternoon. This offers some better menu pricing, and many of the boats coming off the water pass by. They always have some nice drink and dinner specials (especially during early bird time frame). Service has always been very good as has the food. We continue to take visitors from outside the area to Rumrunners for the pleasant views, ambiance and generally nice experience.

1  Thank Larry E
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We first stopped here 2-20-14. We had lightly battered fried calamari. We also ordered steamed Provencal clams. Both were great. For desert we had coconut creme pie (so-so) and a cholate tart (more like a mousse) that was very tasty. I had a couple cold beers and my dining companion had a couple pina colada's that were very well made. We stopped by here often in our five week stay in the area. It is a well run business.

I don't know the exact date but another lunch we had there was memorable. One of us had the soup of the day, which was asparagus rosemary bisque. There was a subtle taste of asparagus, but it was salty. We also shared a salad. I had an Angus beef hamburger with onion, tomato and lettuce on a nice bun with lots of french fries. Washed it down with a cold beer and a mixed drink for my dining companion.

Also, if you walk down the river to the lock you can occasionally see dolphins and/or manatees. That's pretty cool.

1  Thank JohnMountPleasantWis
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been to rumrunners many times since I am a resident in Cape Coral. The Staff is excellent. Only problem is they need to update their menu. I know they have specials every night but sometimes I just don't want to spend that kind of money that they charge for their specials. I have been living here since 2004 and am tired of their regular menu. I wish they would update it. Otherwise a great place to visit while you are in Cape Coral.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I went to Rumrunners with 2 other couples for our first meal of our vacation. The waitress was very helpful and the service was excellent. The view of the boats in the harbor was very relaxing. The menu was a little limited. My husband had the cheeseburger and was very happy. I had the salmon blt and they were able to substitute a mixed green salad instead of homemade chips. The fish and salad were excellent as was their homemade dressing. We will return!