“Waiter, there is a fly in my soup”
Review of Rumrunners

Rumrunners
Ranked #17 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waiter, there is a fly in my soup”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I took my young adult children for what I thought would be a treat.No table inside so hostess escorted us outside to the patio. Hostess sneered when I requested not to sit in the direct sun. She cleaned the table and had no further conversation , just walked away annoyed. A sweet waitress greeted us and took our drink order. My daughter tasted her cola and said "It taste like garbage". I drank through the straw; it did smell like garbage.Inferior lemonade was substituted. My drink refill was ordered but never delivered.Appetizers were good but a little too $$ for the amount. Pasta dishes bland, thai chicken good.As soon as we were served we were swarmed with flies. a server came by handed us hot sauce and said to drizzle on side of plate to keep them away. Try screens instead. Linen napkins used as fly swatters. In the air more than on lap.This place only has a beautiful view to sustain it. If it were in a business area such as Rt 41 it would fold like all the other pricey, poor quality food restaurants do. I suggest replace hostess.Plenty of people need a job who care. We will never be back. P.S. hot sauce did not stop the annoying flies.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank rneileen

• Finnish first
Charleston, South Carolina
“Have to go for Happy Hour!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Rumrunners was recommended to us by the hotel. Happy hour pricing is $5.00 for appetizers (we had 4) and drinks were 30% off, so it was a great value. Restaurant is on the water, but we sat at bar, very friendly bar staff, created a custom beverage based on what I liked, very nice touch! Would highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Rude Barteners”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped in for a dinner, was about to order an appetizer and drink prior to the entree, when we asked a simple question why the restaurant does not have Patron. The bartender never got around to answering the question but went ahead on telling us how other tequila's were so much better and became quite unprofessional. As I indicated earlier we were about to order but then the bartender, when we mentioned that there are quite a few people that like/prefer patron may not come, she said "Well you are here, aren't you" so we left. I hope that the management/owner takes the "Training Opportunity" to educate the staff when they give the customer the option to leave, some may take it. I would highly suggest that anyone wanting a professional, friendly place to enjoy dinner go to a different place.

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Out of Town Guests”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great place to take your out of town guests for dining on the water and enjoying good food. Upscale atmosphere and service.

1 Thank Marion K
Venice, Florida
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Rum Runners is a beautiful restaurant with a beautiful view. The restaurant consists of many areas for dining or enjoying a cocktail while watching the wild life or boats going by. There are indoor, covered outdoor and completely outdoor with umbrella tables available. The menu is varied and delicious. My husband had the cuban wrap and he said it was the best he ever had. There are also shops not to far from the restaurant if you want to walk off your meal. Definitely worth the visit.