“Great for lunch or happy hour”
Review of Rumrunners

Rumrunners
Ranked #18 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Auburn, New York
“Great for lunch or happy hour”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My fiance and I love to visit Rumrummers for lunch or happy hour. I absolutely love getting a frozen drink and sitting out on the patio, watching the sunset. The food is just okay but for the Cape Coral area, the location and bar make it above average.

My main complain about Rumrunners is the service, which could be improved. I spent many of my college years working as a server in a fine dining restaurant and Rumrunners simply does not offer top-notch service. Our servers consistently mess up our orders, leave empty plates and drinks all over the table, drop the check without asking us if we would like dessert, etc.

If you live in Cape Coral and have not yet checked out Rumrunners, I would. Hopefully the service improves because the atmosphere is great.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank hopec38

• Finnish first
“Thanksgiving Dinner 2012”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The turkey was dry, dressing was horrible. Mashed potatoes were dry and didn't have any taste. Green beans were not even cooked. You were served about 4 string beans, that practically bounced of your plate. The portions were the size of an ice cream scooper. Cranberry sauce portion was less than a teaspoon. I had my food sent back because the turkey was so tough, that I couldn't even cut it and they gave you a steak knife. They brought another plate, and it was the same. The only thing that was worth eating was the. Pumpkin Cheesecake.
The price was $19 a plate, excluding dessert. Would I go back? NO, NO, NO!!

2 Thank tessieoy
“Meh”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Like everyone else says, the location is nice, especially if you're there in the daylight/twilight to see the view. We arrived for a late-ish (8:00) dinner and it was already dark, so all we had to judge were the food and drinks. Avoid their specialty cocktails: overpriced, overly sweet, and, without sounding like too much of a lush, not enough alcohol. Stick with wine or beer; those are harder to screw up. Appetizers were ok, but entrees were very bad. All seafood was overcooked, which to me is a culinary sin. So dry and flavorless, the shrimp in my dish tasted like cardboard. Our waitress was delightful and attentive, and when she asked how the food was, we told her. She said that yes, later in the evening (8pm?!), some of the food has been heating for a long time and the guys in the kitchen probably just want to go home. We appreciated her candor (though I'm sure her manager wouldn't!) and her recommendations for better restaurants in the area. Maybe the early-bird special is the way to go, but I'd say have a glass of wine, enjoy the view, then eat elsewhere.

3 Thank K8thegreat
Cape Coral, Florida
“Nice ambiance”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The setting for this place couldn't be nicer down by the water. Food is very consistently good. They can get busy so then the staff is kind of rushing around but the service is still good.

Visited April 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great restaurant with great views!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been to Rumrunners several times- each time is fantastic! I have been there on business, with my husband and with family from out of town. Now everytime my family visits they love going back there. Their salads are great- perfect size and unique. When it's not too buggy outside I recommend the outdoor seating because it overlooks the Cape Harbour Marina. The staff is friendly and accommodating- our servers everytime have been great! I brought my family there once and it started getting a bit buggyoutside for us- so the waitress was so great movin us inside- no problem at all. I will def be going back there and recommending it again and again.

• Visited September 2012