“Consistent”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food is consistent- not gourmet but pretty good. Center cut filet was tender, tasty and cooked perfectly. Never too exciting, but more importantly doesn't disappoint.

There are newer reviews for Rumrunners

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We decided to go to Rumrunners again the other day after reading some of the reviews on here. I'm very glad that we did and didn't let the negatives keep us away from the restaurant. No one is perfect and I'm sure some have a bad night but our experience was wonderful. Our server was great and very personable. My husband ordered a steak and I had one of the fish specials. My husband seemed to enjoy his steak and my fish was absolutely amazing. I can tell (working in a kitchen myself) that they really put time in these specials. We got there around 6 o'clock which was still happy hour and ordered some of the oysters which wear a dollar per oyster from the happy hour food menu. We sat outside and the view was gorgeous. We chose not to get dessert because we were both extremely full but the waitress did go over the deserts and they sounded delicious. We did have an after dinner drink and then took a nice walk around the property. We had a great night and really enjoyed ourselves. Don't let the negative reviews on here keep you away from Rumrunners.

1  Thank JeanAlex123
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were told this place was awesome and a "must do" on our trip to Cape Coral. The only thing good about this place is the fact that it's on the water. First off.. We both ordered and only one of us actually got our meal. Our waitress forgot to put my order in. A few bites in on the first plate was as far as it went. The chicken carbonara was awful. The manager did come and apologize for the mistake with the missed order and offered me a free bowl of soup (which was very good). So our waitress promised me the ribeye was worth the wait and was going to be awesome. Mmmmm, I love chewing on rubber tires... Worst steak ever!!!! The manger did ask if I wanted something else because I was not happy. Why wait for another crappy creation to come from the kitchen? I declined. There was so much more wrong with the whole experience that I haven't mentioned. Point is, it's not cheap and the food sucked!!

4  Thank Apm132
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have visited both Rumrunners and The Joint numerous times and have found their management team, along with the rest of their staff to be very professional. This does not sound like it would be a issue to be handled by this restaurant but rather a personal issue. So I would have to disagree with the previous review and tell everyone that if you haven't been to Rumrunners you are missing out and amazing food, atmosphere and service.

1  Thank rydee81
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Everyone in our party commented on how good the food was.
Staff was attentive. We dined on the outdoor patio and enjoyed
the breeze from the water.