“Not a typical Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We didn't have a great experience this time around. We've stayed several times but this time we were very disappointed. We had ants in our room. One morning I woke to find ants on our toothbrushes. The toilets didn't flush properly and all we got was a plunger to take care of it ourselves. We won't be back.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for a couple of nights the week of Christmas to be close to Sanibel/Captiva without having to spend a ton of money on a hotel on the islands. The entry way was decent, felt fairly clean. The woman at the counter greeted us courteously and checked us right in. Went up to our room and noticed a lot of stains on the hallway carpet, which made us a little nervous of what was to come. Went into our room and it seemed ok. Nothing too bad but the view was of the DIY Hardware store across the street. Made sure not to put our luggage on the bed or keep it on the floor too long. We went down to ask for dinner places and the woman at the counter recommended CIAO across the street. Not a good experience there but that is on my review on another site. When we got back up to our room after dinner, I noticed little bugs on the counter. Not sure what they were but we cleaned off the counter right away. Sort of creeped out after that but did not say anything to the front desk clerk. Not sure why we didn't. Spent the day on Captiva and noticed little red dots on our legs and arms during the day. Now, not sure how we got these, could have been little bugs in the sand or water at the beach. When we came home they started to itch and bother my son, wife and myself. Did not bring the suitcases up to our bedrooms when we arrived home and put them away in our crawl space, which is cold this time of year, away from anything else in the house. Did not see any bugs in them, but you can't be too careful. I'm not blaming the Hampton Inn for any issues. I know that being in a sub-tropical environment, bugs are a by-product. I would definitely not stay there again if my travels ever brought us down to that area of Florida, but that is more due to location of the hotel then anything else. It seems like a little seedy area of Cape Coral. That's just how we felt.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall a nice hotel in an average area of the city. Beaches are not close but a short drive over the bridge takes you to all the Forst Meyers area attractions. Fords Garage down the street is a must stop!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The furniture in the room I was in showed age and neglect. The bathroom could have been cleaner around the tub area. However, I can only speak for the room I was in. Overall the hotel looked clean, was staffed with very friendly employees, and the location was great. I spend more than 1 week a month in hotels all over the world. I would stay in this hotel again if in the Ft Myers Beach area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed here 5 nights in December 2013. Carpets were dirty, toilet didn't flush, ants in the bathroom in second floor room, and shower drain was broken. Breakfast was awful powdered eggs. Seriously, I stay at Hampton because of their attention to details, but this place is starting to be neglected. We have been staying here since it was first opened, but now after several years it needs work. I would have rated this hotel much better before this experience. I won't stay here again. Back to the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The staff here is very personable and take pride in the hotel. I received a call back from an employee when the person I first contacted was unable to help me with a specific request. I was given a lower price when the second person heard I was participating in the Senior international Games. My event took place in Cape Coral, while most all the other events took place in Ft. Myers. This Hampton Inn is in Cape Coral and had not been included by the organizers of the Senior Games for a block of rooms special event price, but the man who called back gave me the price he would have given for a group rate. I thought that was extraordinary, as I have never run into that in the past.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We found this to be a convenient location, however the room we stayed in had no air conditioning and no hot water. There was a leak in the ceiling in the lobby causing the phones to be out of order. A disappointment for the usual Hampton quality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Coral
Dolphin Key Resort
#5 of 6 in Cape Coral
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area? Share your experiences!