“SHAME ON YOU CAPE CORAL HAMPTON”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Saint Louis, Missouri
“SHAME ON YOU CAPE CORAL HAMPTON”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stopped by the Cape Coral Chamber of commerce Welcome center & was given a 15% discount coupon for the Hampton Inn. When I presented it to the Hampton registration agent they said "where did you get this"? & I explained I received it from the Welcome center. The agent informed me they would need "managers approval" & left, upon returning said they would honor it. When I checked out I never got the agreed upon discount. Shame on you Hampton Cape Coral.

Room Tip: Check your bill prior to departing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nelsonrestorations
Phil T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your concerns. I do recall the coupon question and to be the best of my knowledge the discounted rate was charged, if we did miss applying your discount is was not deliberately done. Please know that discounts are applied off our standard room rates only and multiple discounts are not applicable. Please contact me directly to discuss your concern further.

Phil Tandett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in January while visiting friends in the area. Found it very nice and quiet in an excellent location within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Our room was on the north side, so we didn't hear any traffic noise from 47th Terrace. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast selection left a little bit to be desired: pretty basic stuff, not up to the usual Hampton standard. Would definitely stay there again. Can't comment on the value since we used our Hilton Honors points.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fussyfern
Phil T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for the great compliments about your stay, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed it. We are sorry if the breakfast did not fully meet your requirements, please contact us in advance of your next stay and we will do our utmost to make sure the items you enjoy are on the breakfast.

Kind Regards,
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and the experience was very disappointing. There was no fruit and limited food. We were told that there were new owners and they didn't have credit with food suppliers yet! Additionally my sink was clogged and the elliptical machine in the gym was broken. Clearly a sub-par Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Phil T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to inform us of your experience at our hotel. We love our guests and do our utmost not only meet but exceed their expectations.

Our breakfast is always stocked with all the Hampton required items, if you would like special items added please contact us in advance of your next stay and we will do our best to accommodate your requests. Though we could not find immediate issues with your other concerns we will continue to monitor these items.

Thanks again for your comments we look forward to your return visit.

Kind Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This Hamptom Inn has the quality you'd expect from a Hampton Inn, but for Cape Cape Coral, it is a nudge over-priced (by about $15/night). A better value is the Holiday Inn Express. The Holiday Inn and the Hampton Inn both offer good modern clean rooms, good locations, free breakfast, etc., but the Hampton has nothing of substance to justify its higher pricing. Both are multiples better than the nearby seedy Casa Loma.

Room Tip: All rooms are away from noisy traffic, and there are no unusual views, so go for the best pricing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cc1332655
Phil T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thanks for taking a moment to let us know about your recent stay we really appreciate the comments. Even though we already have a great property, we will be doing some renovations and upgrades in a few months so on your return trip to Cape Coral give us another try to see why Hampton Inn Cape Coral offers the best service and amenities at the best value in the area.

Oldsmar, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a member of Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards and other frequent stay memberships, I continuosly look for good deals at the hotel chains while travelling. I always seem to get the best value at Hampton Inn and the Cape Coral hotel was just that. Clean room, free newpaper on weekdays and always a nice selection at their free breakfast. Sometimes the hot meal options aren't the best like the eggs but I can always stay with the fruit, cereal, english muffins or something else that they offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Bnizab
HamptonInnCC, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites - Cape Coral. We are glad your stay was a pleasant one and promise to work on improving the eggs !
Hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards, Linda Mulch - General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Before booking this hotel, please be aware that it is well below the standard of a normal Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn. It looks like an old motel with the Hampton sign stamped on it. Everything about the hotel is very dated. I will not run through a litany of complaints, but just know that each aspect of the hotel (room furnishings, cleanliness, breakfast, amenities, parking, etc.) are not one expects from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anonymouse2011
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I hope you will contact me directly to discuss. I can be reached at 239-540-1050 ext 510 or linda.mulch@hilton.com.
I hope to hear from you soon !!!
Linda Mulch - General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I arrived at the hotel wed 7/12, and our first two nights were fine. The hotel room was clean and everything was satisfactory. The third night, my girlfriend and I went down to the pool for an hour and returned back to our room. I had dropped a few pieces of granola on the floor earlier (literally 3 little specs of granola) and had picked them up off the floor and placed them on a paper menu and forgot to throw it in the trash before I went downstairs to the pool. We returned to ants, (or some sort of other bug) I'm not familiar with insects native to FL, all over the coffee table, and all over the floor. There weren't just one or two, but literally hundreds of little tiny ant-like bugs. I am really not ever one to complain, but when dealing with bugs I have no choice but to complain. After calling down to the front desk, and after 15 minutes of explaining the situation, I asked them to come up to the room as to show them I was not exaggerating and they refused and gave me a room right below us for the night. We had a wedding to attend the very next morning, and it was late so we took that option and spent the night downstairs, only to get a call from the front desk at 8 am to get out of the room because someone was checking in and they needed to clean it ahead of time. We had to go back up to our room and get ready for the wedding there. We asked to have the room cleaned while we were away, since there were no other rooms available for us to transfer into. When we returned from the wedding, the trash was taken as well as our dirty towels, and our linens were replaced as requested. The floor must NOT have been vacuumed because there were still particles on the floor here and there. However, we did not find evidence of any remaining bugs, which somewhat gave us piece of mind, but we were fearful of eating in our rooms as we were afraid of attracting MORE bugs into our room. I complained at the desk again before our departure when asked about our stay. The gentleman I spoke with at the front desk the night of the incident said he would make a note of our experience, but when we checked out they had no reference of it. I did not feel like fighting with the front desk associate when I checked out as we had a plane to catch and I did not have the time. We were charged for the full amount. Free hot breakfast was cold and mediocre. Best go with a yogurt or banana. We have a lot of close friends and family in the Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area and we will not be returning to this particular Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon L
HamptonInnCC, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Brandon,
Please call me at 239-540-1050 to discuss your stay with us. It was totally handled improperly. I would like to offer you compensation for visit.
Linda Mulch
Dolphin Key Resort
#5 of 6 in Cape Coral
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area? Share your experiences!