I had stayed at but one other Hampton Inn prior to this one and found its floor plan different. Like the one in Alpharetta Georgia, Its bed, bedding, bath and room cleanliness was excellent. Also like the other, it was off the beaten path, not adjacent to a major expressway but close. Its room was therefore quiet. Its Wi-Fi internet was adequately fast and easy to access. The room refrigerator was quiet and the floor’s ice machine where it belongs, by the elevator, not next to rooms. The room was not a suite but had two queen beds.
Neither Hampton Inn had some of the niceties I found during my three week trip at other chain motels. No quiet hydraulic toilet tops and entrance doors; no lamp switches easily found on the fixture with a simple I/O switch; and metal flatware. On the positive side, it is not a tourist destination so no unsupervised kids running the corridors or pool area. This chain retains the tradition of your paper at your door not down in the lobby.
I had planned on a one-night stay but easily extended it to two nights. I booked thru my Hilton HHonors account online and was charged the online-quoted rate. The front desk ladies were very friendly and readily shared their local knowledge. This was important to me since, as a former consultant, I tend to talk to people to hear their knowledge. One directed me to the “Twisted Conch” restaurant just two blocks down the street. I ate there twice and brought back a slice of key lime pie for the front desk as a “Thank You” from the restaurant. I was house-hunting and both ldies confirmed that Cape Coral may not meet my expectations and directed me elsewhere.
The hotel is one block off the main divided highway that crosses to Fort Myers, as stated by other reviewers. My GPS directed me right to it. A third floor room presented no traffic noise. I do not agree with the comments that the area is run down. It is not on a beach and it is not a tourist destination. It is a relatively new hotel slightly off the beaten path with adequate dining etc. nearby. It also is not $400 / night! It is barely located in Cape Coral. It is nearer North Fort Myers. Cross the river just a few blocks away and enjoy Fort Myers adventure / culture or drive to beaches in Fort Myers Beach (12 miles) or Sanibel (17 miles).
Finally, I doubt there is any difference which side your room is on. All should be quiet excepting the door slammers. For those who make it a point to park at or near the front entrance, forget it. The elevators are North side near the center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites is a 75 room hotel consisting of standard rooms with either 2 queens or one king bed as well as studio suites. All our rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, in room safe, iron & ironing board, as well as, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed internet access and complimentary local phone calls.Guests can start their day with a complimentary copy of the USA Today Newspaper delivered to their room each morning Monday – Friday and then come join us for our complimentary “On The House ™ Hot Breakfast” served in our lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am every morning. They will also enjoy the peace of mind provided by our 100% Hampton Guarantee ®. This means if guests are not happy with any part of their stay we do not expect them to pay. For relaxation we have a heated outdoor pool and sundeck, as well as, a workout facility. For convenience we have a business center and our “Suite Shop®” convenience store.The hotel has over 1100 square feet of meeting space, which can accommodate events up to 100 people. Our meeting rooms are equipped with adjustable lighting and independent heating and cooling systems to ensure your guests’ comfort. The meeting rooms are also have complimentary wired and wireless internet, screen and whiteboard. The hotel can provide catering for any event, from a simple business meeting to a complete wedding package.We are conveniently located in southeast Cape Coral only minutes from the Cape Coral Bridge and only 20 minutes from Southwest Florida International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area Hotel Cape Coral
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
- Hampton Inn Cape Coral
- Cape Coral Hampton Inn