We were in Cape Coral as a basecamp to visit Sanibel and Captiva. The hotel itself was the usual Hampton Inn quality. The lobby and room were clean if a bit worn in. Breakfast is the same anywhere with a hot food rotation of "scrambled eggs" and "cheese omelet", some sort of meat, and french toast sticks or an "egg and meat" patty. Cereal, bagels, muffins, pastries, oatmeal, and do it yourself waffles made their usual appearance.
The check in person when we arrived was pretty dour and told us there was nothing to do in the immediate area (when asked where the "downtown" was). Others at the desk the next few days seemed far more helpful and happy, even providing plastic bags for shelling and clear directions and recommendations.
The drive to Sanibel was at least 25 minutes; Captiva added another 20-30. This could easily jump if there were traffic on a weekend or holiday. The Cape Coral bridge has no toll going to Sanibel but is $2 coming back. The Sanibel bridge is $6 going in but is free leaving the island.
If going to Sanibel or Ft. Myers Beach, I'd stay closer to them. I believe there's another Hampton Inn closer to the Sanibel bridge in Ft. Myers. There's just nothing around here in Cape Coral. It was also pretty expensive ($130 on a business rate) for where it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites is a 75 room hotel consisting of standard rooms with either 2 queens or one king bed as well as studio suites. All our rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, in room safe, iron & ironing board, as well as, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed internet access and complimentary local phone calls.Guests can start their day with a complimentary copy of the USA Today Newspaper delivered to their room each morning Monday – Friday and then come join us for our complimentary “On The House ™ Hot Breakfast” served in our lobby from 6:00am to 10:00am every morning. They will also enjoy the peace of mind provided by our 100% Hampton Guarantee ®. This means if guests are not happy with any part of their stay we do not expect them to pay. For relaxation we have a heated outdoor pool and sundeck, as well as, a workout facility. For convenience we have a business center and our “Suite Shop®” convenience store.The hotel has over 1100 square feet of meeting space, which can accommodate events up to 100 people. Our meeting rooms are equipped with adjustable lighting and independent heating and cooling systems to ensure your guests’ comfort. The meeting rooms are also have complimentary wired and wireless internet, screen and whiteboard. The hotel can provide catering for any event, from a simple business meeting to a complete wedding package.We are conveniently located in southeast Cape Coral only minutes from the Cape Coral Bridge and only 20 minutes from Southwest Florida International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area Hotel Cape Coral
- Hampton Inn And Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
- Hampton Inn Cape Coral
- Cape Coral Hampton Inn