“"Fabulous" is an understatement” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blaze Bistro - CLOSED

Blaze Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Offering more than just great food - it's food with a flair. You'll taste the difference in every bite at Blaze Bistro. Customers all over Lee County are raving about Blaze Bistro on Santa Barbara Boulevard. Executive Chef Todd Sheffield is creating culinary delights inspired by cuisines from around the world. Asian Blackened Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon, East Indian Bang Bang Chicken and so much more. Or try Chef Todd's comfort food with a twist -- homemade from the freshest ingredients every day. All served in an intimate relaxing atmosphere at truly affordable prices.
Cape Coral, FL
“"Fabulous" is an understatement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Couldn't believe we were dining in Cape Coral! Chef Todd amazed us with a memorable meal tending toward a Pacific Asian cuisine. He runs the kitchen impeccably, and his other half Anita, runs the front with precision.

I always order a lot of items on a first visit, so we got 4 appetizers and 3 entrees. All were delicious and delivered in flights as we requested, without a single flaw. Plate presentation here is the best I have experienced anywhere. Each app and entree is a true work of art. Most entrees came out served on beautifully folded banana leaves.

Several of the items we enjoyed deserve special mention:

Eggplant pesto. Much in the tradition of an Eggplant Parmesan, but with crispy eggplant on the outside. The marinara sauce inside rivals that of any great Italian house I've ever been too, very flavorful and full of nice texture.

Calamari. Presented in a way like you've never had it. Rolled tube portions are presented pan sauteed with a very nice sauce that accents the protein perfectly.

Bangkok Prawns. Very plump and succulent large prawns presently so as to make them look too pretty to eat. Crispy on the outside and propped up on a skewer as the centerpiece.

Chilean Seabass. Best quality I've had anywhere. He sources his fresh, yes fresh (not previously frozen,) from Hawaii. It's almost unheard of to get that species fresh. Melts in your mouth, and not the little portion you find elsewhere.

Monchong Snapper, blackened. This was my personal favorite dish of the night. A perfect and durable crust of blackened spices and herbs on a species of snapper I never had before. Again, he sources it from Hawaii. It has the delectable fat content of something like Black Cod (Sablefish,) but not quite that heavy, and it adapts perfectly to blackening. This is definitely not the potentially dry and very lean flesh of a normal snapper. I will choose that again for sure next time we go there, which will be very soon.

Most of the entrees come adorned with edible Dendrobium (orchid) blooms. The hashes and sides are very imaginative and vary dramatically from the overused zucchini mixes, mashed potatoes or standard vegetable medleys usually found along side the proteins. One side I particularly remember was the pineapple jicama slaw, very yummie. He also uses peppadew chilies in his sides on several of the dishes. This was my first time every tasting this particular pepper on a plate anywhere. They are delectable and full of flavor, with lots of sweet fruitiness and barely a touch of heat. I have since ordered seeds to grow myself.

This is a restaurant that will endure the test of time and only get much more well known. Hospitality is exceptional, the atmosphere is attractive and quiet. Oh and the desserts.. Well that could be a separate review in itself. Suffice it to say they're made in house and consist of luscious confections you've never seen presented that way before. Portions of everything are generous and even I could not finish everything, and that's saying something. Also, they have put together a pretty darned good wine list. Although not extensive, they are good varieties and very reasonable prices. No triple mark-ups on his list like you often find elsewhere.

Pride and attention to great detail are very evident here, and I can't imagine anyone coming away with any kind of disappointment. Kudos to Chef Todd for operating way outside the box in most outstanding fashion!

P. S. The bad review a few down from this one is obviously from a very envious and concerned competitor, and I don't blame him a bit for being concerned..

2 Thank ApisRus

Cape Coral, Florida
“Please give this place a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Firstly, I'd like to start out by saying that we wanted to go somewhere local for my birthday dinner. I saw this place highlighted on trip advisor so I decided this would be the place. I really loved it. We had a nice time, and the service was very good. I imagine the previous reviewer is embarrassed due to the large party and the snafu that took place, however that happens. I would definitely judge the place based on their amazing quality food and unique presentation over a computer issue or splitting a bill issue. ANYway, I loved the Jerk Prawns for our app, such a great flavor. The bread (freshly baked focaccia) and roasted garlic spread was a nice touch as well. Now, my hubs ordered the venison chop which was heavenly. Not too gamey, and the demi glaze was super succulent. The only issue I had was that my Ahi Tuna was not sliced as thinly as I am used to or what I prefer, but the flavors on my plate were unbelievable. The images on the website or in this forum show it sliced thinner than my presentation. If you want something different, and are sick of the same old same old, please stop in to check this place out. Very nice overall, I highly recommend. We went before the sun was down so I cannot attest as to the lighting in the place, but I do like darker, more relaxing meals. I would definitely like to go again.

Ft. Myers
“Wow factor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Four of us enjoyed an excellent meal, June 10. Service was attentive and friendly, food presentation quite artistic and appealing. Started with a shared Langostino Mac and Cheese - to die for! (Heart attack on a plate but worth the calories!) Two chose the Porterhouse Lamb while the women opted for the Butterfish entree. Everything was delicious, well prepared and served. Finished with a shared dessert, molten chocolate cake and ice cream. Couldn't resist even though we were already full. This is not just another little Cape Coral restaurant...it is beyond excellent and should be considered upscale dining.

1 Thank worldtraveler33907
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Service Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Made reservations for 14 today...after two previous trips where we were very pleased. 13 showed at reservation time - 6 p.m. Food was excellent with some issues. Service provided considerable distance between parties and some food eventually served cool. Approximately 9:15 p.m. bills presented - we saw they were having difficulty printing the bills. Everyone's bill was wrong. We asked to go up to the counter and go over each bill individually. They simply wanted to reprint the bills without our input. It was obvious they didn't know how to fix the bills. One member of our party was ordered to leave without paying. I recommended the place to the group based upon past service. I am sure none of us will ever return. I feel sorry for that fact...I would have liked to see them succeed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joseph D
Fort Myers
“Family Run Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our friends treated us to dinner at Blaze Bistro and advised us what to order and we had no regrets! The calamari appetizer is enough for two and quite unique in it's preparation. Delicious! The rib appetizer was quite generous and very tender and flavorful. My dinner after those appetizers was the side warm spinach salad and it was small but wonderful. Everyone else ordered a meal and raved about them. Again the portions were generous. We all shared a cheesecake dessert and the coconut graham cracker crust was like none I had had before. The atmosphere is quite pleasant with plenty of room between tables and the service was prompt and friendly. All in all, our experience was fabulous!

• Visited May 2014