“Afraid to say it - Wonderful! Hope we can get in next time.”
Review of Blaze Bistro - CLOSED

Blaze Bistro
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Offering more than just great food - it's food with a flair. You'll taste the difference in every bite at Blaze Bistro. Customers all over Lee County are raving about Blaze Bistro on Santa Barbara Boulevard. Executive Chef Todd Sheffield is creating culinary delights inspired by cuisines from around the world. Asian Blackened Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon, East Indian Bang Bang Chicken and so much more. Or try Chef Todd's comfort food with a twist -- homemade from the freshest ingredients every day. All served in an intimate relaxing atmosphere at truly affordable prices.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our restaurant experience here was so good I almost was not going to report it for fear it would be over booked for our next visit.
But, let me say it anyway.

The little place is physical charming as is the staff.

When we arrived for our first visit we were told we would be sitting at a 'high' table, which at first did not make me happy because I thought of bar stool height. But if these were that high there was something about the chairs and table that made us feel even more comfortable than a regular height one. Great!

So on to the food.

Oh yea the service. Our server, Sheryl, was polite, friendly, funny and efficient. After taking our beverage order she began to tell us of the food and menu and advised, based on portion size, for us to share 2 appetizers for the four of us. We disregarded that since the appetizers sounded so unusual and delicious.

Our appetizers. Calamari, which is now common at restaurants. Here it was fried but the coating and size of cuts was different, tasty and like none we had before. It was served with a succotash, which I usually hate, but here the miniature lima beans and seasonings made it a taste treat. The fried Brie with raspberry sauce gently applied and accompanied by peach chutney was soooo good! The langoustine rolls were somewhat like Chinese spring rolls, but here with unique herbs, spices that made them different and really good. One reviewer claimed everything here just has an Asian influence to make it different. While there were dishes with that it was not everything. For instance the gnocchi appetizer. It was served in a white sauce with small chunks of goat cheese. I said they were as good as my mom's each piece would melt in your mouth! And the mixture of the sauce with the goat cheese and the pasta was an incredible experience.

Now on to the main courses.

Again, Asian influence? No and Yes. Italian influence oh yea. The manicotti was heavenly. My wife is known in our family for her's yet she thought here the experience was better! Another dish was meatloaf with I think a bourbon sauce. Again unique and the vegetables served with it - garlic smashed potatoes and succotash. Veal skirt steak which our friend had never had so tried. She was so happy on her choice. Finally, a fourth dish with an Italian influence but accompanied by the chef's creativity! Langoustine mac and cheese. Sheryl reminded me that the sauce was made with goat cheese (which I love). The pasta? Bow tie. Ingredients, langoustine and chorizo bits and all topped with panko to give it a crispy feel and taste. Oh yea also on top a small, whole roasted pepper. This was a heavenly dish.

Again our server was correct each of us took home probably half of our main courses.

Dessert? See photos.

There was a Kahlua and peanut butter cheesecake! And Todd's (the chef) unique yet true approach to tiramisu was absolutely fabulous! Its presentation made it equally good to view and taste.

All four of us enjoyed every mouthful we ate and drank here. And we each shared our appetizers and main courses since we are a curious food-loving group of people.

Forgot to mention we had a bottle of French sparkling wine accompany our evening and the price? $25 a bottle! The taste - light, bubbly with an enchanting taste not intense but still a delightful.

So bottom line. Chef Todd and his partner have a unique restaurant here and obviously hire and train their staff well. This was an overall very enjoyable evening for our taste buds, eyes and ears. And I loved the seating I thought I was going to hate.

If you enjoy Italian food with a level of creativity that enhances but does not destroy its heritage and other foods also creatively prepared some of which with an Asian influence OR if you just are looking for a tasteful evening go to this restaurant.

2  Thank Tomapa

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We saw the review of Blaze in the paper, so we knew we had to try it. The meal was outstanding to say the least!!! I had the seabass & my husband had the mahi, best fish dishes we have ever had!!! The service was impecible!! Anita & Todd are just the best, & everyone that works there are so sweet & down to earth!! We will definitely be regulars!! I suggest this restaurant to anyone!!!!

1  Thank Tammi J
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Table of 8 and was treated top class . Couples couldn't believe the size of servings- and taste was wonderful. will come back AGAIN. Mark

1  Thank gopack04
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Two couples in our late 50s to mid-60s went to Blaze Bistro on Feb 13, 2014. We eat out fairly often at higher end restaurants. The service was friendly and the food was superb. We all agreed that it was the best calamari that we had ever had. The beef filet was so tender and butter fish (Chilean sea bass) were amazingly delicious. The Bang, Bang Chicken was too mild and sweet for my taste (I had ordered medium hot), but was still very good with lots of veggies. The lobster bisque is delicious, but is a very large bowl - we didn't finish it because we would have been too full for dinner. Decent selection of wines. We were too full for dessert, but they looked delicious. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We went for an early evening meal and enjoyed every dish that we had down to every bite. The varied tastes in one dish were very impressive and the quantity of food was a big person's portion. The quality of the food, presentation and service were simply wonderful. We hope they do well and are planning on returning for another meal this weekend. And the price is right.
Yes we even had dessert which was fantastic, but we had already over eaten….bad on us.