“Don't be in a hurry”

Monarca's Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill
Ranked #32 of 422 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: When you walk through our doors, you feel like you were suddenly transported to Mexico. Our food is fresh made out of the freshest ingredients and encompasses truly authentic dishes brought over from our family recipies in Mexico. The smell alone makes your mouth water. We are right on the water, with direct access to the river so you can come by boat, you can drive or you can walk because we are just two blocks north from the main downtown area strip street of Cape Coral Parkway on Del Prado Blvd. You will leave Monarca's but Monarca's will never leave you and you will keep coming for more!
“Don't be in a hurry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Went there for lunch at two o'clock so they weren't very busy. My wife's fish tacos when they finally got there was very bland with no sauce of any kind. My chicken enchiladas were tasty. Service was very slow and the food took forever. I go by there all the time and I'd hate to think how long it takes when they are busy. The decor is really neat.

• Visited January 2014
MonarcasManagement, Owner at Monarca's Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill, responded to this review, December 22, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to post a Review after visiting us
at Monarcas Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill.
Monarcas Management Team is very disappointed that you are not 100% Happy.
Please understand management takes any negative experience by our guest very serious.
I would greatly appreciate if you gave us another opportunity to make your
dine in experience with Monarcas Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill
the best dine in experience ever !!! Please visit our website
monarcasrestaurants.com or email me at info@monarcasrestaurants.com
mention this Review and experience and i promise you this will be corrected.

Brooksville, Florida
“Need to iron out a few service details, good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Unfortunately we did not receive the same great service that others are mentioning here, and I'm just chalking that up to being a new restaurant. We met friends for lunch at noon during the week. We arrived first and the server was attentive, but then we got lost in the shuffle somehow. Ordered drinks and perused the menus but, when we started to order our server told us the menus weren't the right ones. She returned with new menus and disappeared. Finally when we got to order 45 minutes had passed and I had an appointment at 1:30. Our food arrived quickly, but I had to finish eating and leave my dining companions. Enough said on the service and we will return once the dust has settled.

The decor blew me away! What a positive change from the old Jimbo's. Monarca's is in a totally different category. The whole atmosphere far surpasses the Iguana place that everyone in town, except me, loves.

The food was good, but as I said we need to go back when we have more time. The prices were on the higher side, but hopefully that keeps the Iguana crowd away.

• Visited January 2014
MonarcasRestaurant, Manager at Monarca's Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill, responded to this review, September 21, 2016
Thank you for taking the time in the past to rate our restaurant! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon! Don't forget to ask about our new referral program for loyal customers! You won't be disappointed!
Portland, Maine
“Great New Cape Coral Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

First I have to say that I am disappointed at the people who give extremely harsh critiques of brand new restaurants. Opening a new restaurant is a huge undertaking and there are bound to be issues. That said, if someone really wanted to give a fair review they would be hard pressed to give a very low score based on decor and atmosphere alone. Anyone paying attention can see that this place was put together with a lot of love and attention to detail right down to the hardware on the doors. The Mexican tile and carved furniture are beautiful and you feel like you could be in Mexico. If you are lucky enough to go in nice weather, you can sit on the screened in porch next to the canal.
The staff were attentive and professional and we had the pleasure of talking with one of the owners during our visit. It is quite obvious that they are taking the criticism to heart and making the changes necessary for this to be a great restaurant. We ordered margaritas, of course, and they were excellent. We also ordered the table side guacamole. The waitress apologized that they were not set up for table side preparation yet, but explained that they did make it to order in the kitchen. It was chunky, well seasoned, and the portion was quite large - excellent overall. For meals my husband ordered beef fajitas and I ordered the molcajete. Both were excellent and the portions so large that we took at least half home and we went in quite hungry. We will definitely go back!

Visited January 2014
“Cant wait to return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I absolutely loved it and I was in the industry for many years in my past! I tend to be critical and get frustrated : mainly at the lack of service or good service anyway from the majority of restaurants these days. We were greeted when we walked in from every employee we encountered. The place is beautiful and what great detail in the wood work. Our service was prompt ( rule of thumb in my day was 2 min acknowledgment by someone once seated), they had our waters, salsa and chips on the table before I could barely get my self settled in my seat :). Our server was pleasant as can be, the food was out very promptly , and very good. I could not finish my lunch so the serving size was great as well! I will be back and the only reason I didn't rate them as a 5 is because I have more dishes to taste! I think they will be a huge success and hands down they are not in the same category as that Iguana place as there is nothing authentic there!

“Surprised beyond expectation....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This review is given from a well traveled and experienced prospective. Both my wife and I are retired from major US airlines. As you might imagine, we both traveled many thousands of miles both domestic and international throughout the years. My point... eating in restaurants across the vastness of our travels was a common and frequent event. Folks like us learned early in our careers to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak when it came to places to dine.
That being said, brings me to this critique of Monarca's of Cape Coral, FL. We had been looking for a local alternative to the other well known Mexican restaurant here in Cape Coral and were delighted to see that a new Mexican restaurant was going to arise from the old and beloved Jimbo's that had been in the Cape since 1978.
After Monarca's opened I began to watch for patron generated remarks and reviews of the food, service, price and atmosphere. I was very disappointed to note that more than a few reviews were negative and some very negative pertaining to the points mentioned above.
In spite of the negative reviews we decided to give Monarca’s one attempt to capture our interest and satisfaction. I will admit, arriving that evening my expectations were not very high but hopeful.
Here were the impact points that rather quickly began to calm our fears and change our minds:
1. Walking in the door we were immediately greeted with a very friendly welcome.
2. Remembering the old Jimbo’s décor I could hardly believe my eyes as we surveyed the excellent south of the border Mexican motif.
3. Within seconds we were met by a very friendly hostess, asked our seating preference, then guided to our well decorated comfortable booth.
4. Less than 60 seconds passed before our waiter, Luis, arrived with a smile, a welcome and drink suggestions. Of course we wanted a Margarita. That would be our first real clue as to where our opinion dial would be headed, up or down. Luis made his recommendation, we went with it and let me say, my wife and I both agreed that it was one of the very best margaritas we had tasted…Way to go Luis.
5. Luis’s professional and friendly approach elevated his service quotient to a solid 10 out of 10 throughout the evening.
Chips & Salsa arrived within 2 minutes after Luis took our drink orders. My wife asked for even hotter salsa, Luis said no problem but it took a few minutes for it to arrive. We found out just why. THEY MAKE THEIR OWN SALSA THERE, FROM SCRATCH!!!! Wow!! Opinion dials moving ↑ very nicely.
6. We both chose the Fajita Taco Salad. Again, excellent.
Will we go again? Absolutely!
We can highly recommend this new and most authentic Mexican restaurant to anyone who loves Mexican décor and cuisine and of course an excellent Margarita.
L. Smith

1 Thank Len S
Thank You!!! for taking the time to post a Review after visiting us at
Monarcas Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill.
We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive Review while you were our Guest.
Visit our website & join our social media(s) to stay up to date on all
the Currents Deals & Specials!!
Thank you once again!!! for allowing us the opportunity
to serve you, your family and Friends.
Monarcas Management team email info@monarcasrestaurants.com
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again very soon!!!