“Last night in Florida”

New England Moorings
Ranked #5 of 422 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A few lines to introduce myself. My name is Al Whelan, I am from Boston and worked at a famous "waterfront dive" known as Kelly's Landing. A seafood business in a Catholic community with lines down the street, literally. I worked there for five summers and enjoyed every minute of it. My first date with the counter girl (she couldn't resist a man in a paper hat), my first kiss, etc. One rule was demanded, cooking with clean oil! In those days it was lard! Today we use canola oil both on the grill side and on the fry side... Most of our dinners are on the grill side. Fish shrimp, scallops, steaks, ribs, chicken and pork round off our menu. Our Irish Connoli is like a little piece of heaven and our homemade bread pudding is to die for. Both topped off with sweet whipped cream. We've added a 6000 square foot patio surrounded by trees. A truly private and romantic spot. Also some added features such as, a basketball cage, beer pong table and corn hole court.
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Last night in Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is the second time to New England Moorings and can't wait to go back! Al sits down talks to you and make you feel like your at Cheers, love the food and everything there!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Banffmotor

Winter Haven, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent eatry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Staff and owner were friendly the environment was homie and food was excellent and will continue referring family and friends to this restaurant

1 Thank Desire'e R
Cape Coral, Florida
“A cute and artful eatery ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time returning the the moorings, and it was just as welcoming as the last. Walking in, there is nothing but good vibes and a colorful interior. Sitting up at the bar, I decided to try their special, which was the crab cake stuffed salmon. Venturing even further, I took my friendly server's suggestion of having it maple glazed. It was the best piece of fish I've had in a very long time. Unlike restaurant chains with plastic seats and plastic smiles, this place has a real nice ambiance to it. Definitely throwing my next party here.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Great food, great ambiance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was my second trip to moorings. Ii loved it as much as I did the first, this time we brought my father in law with us who is down from Ohio. He expecially loved his food grilled fish and veggies. My husband had their seafood pot special again but this time with their jomade marinara. Tge baby had a blast running and the patio and playing the games that were provide by the waitress. The owner Al, is a great guy he kept entertained. Compliments to their new chef I think her name was Amber too, small world. I had the crabcake stuffed salmon whick was beyond amazing. Anytime my husband ave I get a chance to bring somebody there we will. I enjoyed a nice bottle of mascato, they also have a wide variety of wine for sale by the bottle .

Grest time one again thanks to the staff at moorings and the accommodating owner Al.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Amber J
Bokeelia,Fl
“Moorings In the Past Was Fun and Food Really Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I used to go to the Moorings often because their food was good, prices reasonable, and the owner, who would circulate the tables, was lots of fun.
We heard mixed reviews but took advantage of a Groupon or living Social promotion and decided to try it for ourselves.
We were very disappointed in the wait staff, who were very unprofessional and unattentive and the food quality was poor. I would not go back regardless of the deal. I see they are trying to lure folks in by deals but save your money and agravation

• Visited February 2014
NEMoorings, Owner at New England Moorings, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you all for taking the time to send a review. Even the not so flattering are important to me, (shows where I need improvement). I think you might be favorably surprised on your next visit.