“Wonderful, great pet friendly environment”

New England Moorings
Ranked #11 of 464 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A few lines to introduce myself. My name is Al Whelan, I am from Boston and worked at a famous "waterfront dive" known as Kelly's Landing. A seafood business in a Catholic community with lines down the street, literally. I worked there for five summers and enjoyed every minute of it. My first date with the counter girl (she couldn't resist a man in a paper hat), my first kiss, etc. One rule was demanded, cooking with clean oil! In those days it was lard! Today we use canola oil both on the grill side and on the fry side... Most of our dinners are on the grill side. Fish shrimp, scallops, steaks, ribs, chicken and pork round off our menu. Our Irish Connoli is like a little piece of heaven and our homemade bread pudding is to die for. Both topped off with sweet whipped cream. We've added a 6000 square foot patio surrounded by trees. A truly private and romantic spot. Also some added features such as, a basketball cage, beer pong table and corn hole court.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am a recent transplant to Florida and the hardest hit are my dogs, who don't get to drive around with me as much as they used to. The restaurant is a little hidden, and if you use GPS to find it you may find yourself at Anthony's on the Boulevard on the corner since it is kind of behind it. Although Anthony's is good, this restaurant is even better so what you need to do is turn onto the street by Anthony's, then turn on the street behind it and go about two doors down. We asked about this and were told that when the restaurant was first established 26 years ago it was on the main street, unfortunately they later build some businesses in front of it. Apparently during the winter months it's always busy, but during the off season it's very quiet. We were on the way to pick up the babies from the groomers when we saw a guy with a sign and asked if they were puppy friendly - luckily for us they are.

Out of all the dog friendly restaurants I've tried, this definitely had the nicest outdoor area. We ate early so we were the only people outside, but it was nice and cool. There is a bar that is probably used during private parties and during the snowbird season, there are games to play, a TV playing concert DVDs and plants.

The servers were very personable and made us feel very welcome. We were greeted by a young man who took our drink orders, then our server brought us samples from the menu (shrimp and alligator), which were excellent. Our meals included the salad buffet, which was small but tasty. Our entrees (Shrimp Scampi, Grilled Shrimp, Mussels in wine for the humans, grilled chicken breast for the babies) were all well prepared, the Irish Connoli for dessert was so good I almost licked the bowl.

While I am working my way through the dog friendly restaurants in the area, I think this is the one I will return to the most.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We decided to try this place because I saw that they had New England clams. We bought the Groupon and then went to dinner. I ordered my dinner and found out that they were out of the clams. so I ordered something at my house in like because I don't like anything else. At the end of our dinner the owner brought out a sample plate of the New England clams to the table next to us so we question the owner about that. He said that anything clam related was not allowed to be purchased with the Groupon. I told him I would have paid extra but he said no that it just wasn't allowed with Groupons. I called Groupon and told them that they should be putting it on the website. They are false advertising and they're lying to their customers. On top of that the food I did try was horrible.. the salad bar was a piece of crap. After all that I overheard him telling the waitress that they need to make money on these Groupon so they can only sell certain plates. people who bought Groupon for this need to complain to Groupon.

5  Thank zmanzelli
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We own a home in the Cape and whenever we are there we make a trip to Moorings. The food is excellent and we enjoy the atmosphere. Al is a pleasure. We will go back....

Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you're looking for a great deal, Moorings would be a great choice. I ordered an appetizer and got a free Bud Light Draft! I ended up eating there for under ten bucks. Definitely worth checking out!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Lived in fl for years and miss the old Florida places with tons of character and good meals...try the Moorings for anice suprise