“Liar liar liar”

New England Moorings
Ranked #11 of 463 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A few lines to introduce myself. My name is Al Whelan, I am from Boston and worked at a famous "waterfront dive" known as Kelly's Landing. A seafood business in a Catholic community with lines down the street, literally. I worked there for five summers and enjoyed every minute of it. My first date with the counter girl (she couldn't resist a man in a paper hat), my first kiss, etc. One rule was demanded, cooking with clean oil! In those days it was lard! Today we use canola oil both on the grill side and on the fry side... Most of our dinners are on the grill side. Fish shrimp, scallops, steaks, ribs, chicken and pork round off our menu. Our Irish Connoli is like a little piece of heaven and our homemade bread pudding is to die for. Both topped off with sweet whipped cream. We've added a 6000 square foot patio surrounded by trees. A truly private and romantic spot. Also some added features such as, a basketball cage, beer pong table and corn hole court.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We decided to try this place because I saw that they had New England clams. We bought the Groupon and then went to dinner. I ordered my dinner and found out that they were out of the clams. so I ordered something at my house in like because I don't like anything else. At the end of our dinner the owner brought out a sample plate of the New England clams to the table next to us so we question the owner about that. He said that anything clam related was not allowed to be purchased with the Groupon. I told him I would have paid extra but he said no that it just wasn't allowed with Groupons. I called Groupon and told them that they should be putting it on the website. They are false advertising and they're lying to their customers. On top of that the food I did try was horrible.. the salad bar was a piece of crap. After all that I overheard him telling the waitress that they need to make money on these Groupon so they can only sell certain plates. people who bought Groupon for this need to complain to Groupon.

5  Thank zmanzelli

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We own a home in the Cape and whenever we are there we make a trip to Moorings. The food is excellent and we enjoy the atmosphere. Al is a pleasure. We will go back....

Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you're looking for a great deal, Moorings would be a great choice. I ordered an appetizer and got a free Bud Light Draft! I ended up eating there for under ten bucks. Definitely worth checking out!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Lived in fl for years and miss the old Florida places with tons of character and good meals...try the Moorings for anice suprise

Reviewed June 1, 2013

First time to this place was 2002 when closing on our home. This place is "Old Florida" in décor and mimics a lot of restaurants in Key West, FL. The owner visits with patrons and the meals we have had there over the years have always been good. Our most recent visit was a couple of days ago using a Groupon our menu choice cuisine was very good. The Key West Seafood Chowder excellent and my scrod broiled fish dinner the same. Wife enjoyed her shrimp, scallop and crab cake sautéed with butter and garlic dinner. Salad bar is good but small. You sit inside or outside in the court yard. The place is off the beaten path on a side street that runs parallel to the main thoroughfare DelPrado Blvd. Atmosphere is kind of off the wall and background music low volume rock videos.. .