“Raised money for Harry Chapin and Salvation Army”

New England Moorings
Ranked #11 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A few lines to introduce myself. My name is Al Whelan, I am from Boston and worked at a famous "waterfront dive" known as Kelly's Landing. A seafood business in a Catholic community with lines down the street, literally. I worked there for five summers and enjoyed every minute of it. My first date with the counter girl (she couldn't resist a man in a paper hat), my first kiss, etc. One rule was demanded, cooking with clean oil! In those days it was lard! Today we use canola oil both on the grill side and on the fry side... Most of our dinners are on the grill side. Fish shrimp, scallops, steaks, ribs, chicken and pork round off our menu. Our Irish Connoli is like a little piece of heaven and our homemade bread pudding is to die for. Both topped off with sweet whipped cream. We've added a 6000 square foot patio surrounded by trees. A truly private and romantic spot. Also some added features such as, a basketball cage, beer pong table and corn hole court.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Al Wheeling of the New England Moorings, Cape Coral, Fl. gave us a wonderful chance to raise money for our Christmas Charity. We hosted a 1 hour cocktail party which we had 35 people attend, we charged $5.00 per person and all the money went to charity. Al provided wine, beer, and soda pop as well as his wonderful samples. Many of us stayed for a great buffet dinner which was only $9.99/person and enjoyed a great social evening. We have enjoyed Al's great cooking for several years and are always happy to go back for his great fish dinners.

1  Thank Maurine H
There are newer reviews for New England Moorings

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I are snowbirds, we live in Estero, Florida, and we had never heard about the Moorings until a friend referred us. SO GLAD WE WENT! The atmosphere is very laid back and fun! Lots of Lights! Lots of Friendly Service! The owner Al is quite a character, sitting and chatting with us all night, he even threw in a few complimentary drinks! The waitress, Katrina is very outgoing and friendly! She made it a point to do what ever it took to make us feel welcome and comfortable! The food is to die for! They sent out samples before we even decided from the menu so we could have an idea of what a few things tasted like before ordering..The food turned out amazing. I ordered the Surf and Turf, $15.99, with garlic mussels.. and the steak was cooked just how I like it! Medium Rare!(usully places over cook when you order meat a little bloody) My mussels were excellent! Great butter and garlic sauce! My husband ordered the Pistachio Onion & Garlic Scrod, I stole a piece! The flavor was to die for! Needless to say, we were stuffed, and our waitress was trying to sell us an "Irish Conoly". We told her we really didnt have any room for dessert in our system, she knew we had never been there before, so she brought us out a little sample to try it, free of charge. It was delicious! If we don't go back for anything else, it will at least be for a nice cold, Frosted Beer, and an Irish Conoly! Thanks Al, Keep it Up!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been to the moorings a few times now and I have enjoyed it each and every time.
The samples are great the dinners are well portioned, very satisfying. Shrimp Scampi was excellent. and the steak was cooked just the way I ordered it. The owner Al makes it point to come out and meet everyone. He makes you feel right at home. A very relaxed night out. Pricing is very reasonable. The staff are friendly and keep checking to see if you need anything which I like. So if your looking for a excellent local place give the moorings a try. Oh and don't forget to try the Irish Conolli It was a first for me and I loved it.

1  Thank RickyChrisfrmOzpk
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Since 14 yrs I am a regular guest on Mooring and other places in Cape Coral, but the seafood is the best deal in town. 25 years and still cooking , Al,please continue. Also try Surf and Turf and enjoy a good steak with shrimps.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I saw this restaurant on Groupon and instead buying a Groupon we decided to give it a try. Someone had posted that it was a hidden gem. The atmosphere was pretty good with Jimmy Buffet playing on the stereo and tv monitors. We ordered
the gator tail (fair, not much taste) and shrimp scampi (horrible). Needless to say we won't be purchasing Groupons for there. I have rated numerous places and seldom given bab review, however bad is bad.