“Raves for Reds”

Red's Fresh Seafood House and Tavern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Reds Seafood, Cape Coral, why did I doubt? Great dinner in the piano bar. We had triple tail. It was fresh, which we expected since it is caught locally. What we didn't expect was the gourmet preparation and presentation. It was absolutely wonderful. And the staff was perfect. My wife has a nut allergy and the manager even stopped by to find out how severe it is. Very nice touch.

There are newer reviews for Red's Fresh Seafood House and Tavern

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is different from the Pine Island
Resturant. It is large 2 dinning rooms 2 bars & music. Its food is almost the same as Pine Island & just as great. Food prices
go from low to high for fresh seafood. Reds also has a$9.99 Prime Rib.

1  Thank Bopmer
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Reds has has a presence in the area for some time (on Pine Island)..and they are known far and wide for their $10 complete dinners. The place on Pine Island did quite a business, and Red's opened another location in Cape Coral very recently.

Not only is he $10 menu gone (it's gone at Pine Island, too)...price are much, much higher for what appears to be the same ambiance (not a window or a view in either place).

It's a Dining Disaster because no void existed in this price / quality category in Cape Coral.
It's a Marketing Disaster because every member of the waitstaff needs to be trained on how to explain away the abandonment of the Red's signature $10 offerings.

Look for a "for lease' sign soon.

1  Thank QuirkyNW
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The restaurant has an extensive menu in all price ranges. You can eat a cheap snack or have an full fresh fish entrée. There are fresh selections cooked in any manner with any sauce. In fact, I was pretty confused until I saw the fried oyster po boy. A simple dish but not often served outside Louisiana. The oysters were delicious, numerous and fresh and the remoulade spicy. I was very happy with my selection and ate every bite. My husband had grilled shrimp and was very satisfied too. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The food came quickly which is always nice, but it was a quiet night.

Being set one street back from Cape Coral Boulevard, its very quiet. The venue isn't any thing special as its casual with a large open area bar with a few tables tucked in the back. We sat at the bar and I noticed black mold on the sheetrock above the joists-- an unpleasant find. I would like to see this removed on my next visit.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Four of us went here the first week Red's opened in Cape Coral. Our dining experience was phenomenally delicious. The oysters Rockefeller, tuna carpaccio and scallops in bacon and cream sauce were all wonderful, as were the grilled triple tail and pecan crusted mahi mahi. We were so impressed we couldn't wait to go back. We went back this week with friends from out of town, and were nothing short of embarrassed for having recommended it. The oysters Rockefeller could not be seen without a microscope and were covered in so many breadcrumbs that that was the only flavor. The clam chowder was so over-dosed with thyme that nothing else could be tasted. The coconut shrimp had a very heavy, undercooked batter that was soggy on the bottom. The triple tail was tasteless. All in all, a complete disappointment. What happened?

1  Thank Janet W