“Nice Restaurant”
Review of Slate's

Slate's
Ranked #1 of 435 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Causal fine dinning with a Cajun twist. Reservations encouraged.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went to Slate's last night to try it out after reading the great reviews in the newspaper. The atmosphere was good, drinks were reasonable. My wife had the Slate's chicken and I had their seafood alfredo. The chicken was so-so; the sauce was thick / starchy while the chicken didn't have much taste. Perhaps it was just the quality of stock that was served yesterday and not their standard fare. My seafood alfredo was good - plenty of shrimp, crab and fish. Our friends had the cajun gumbo and it was excellent.

We will go back and try it again.

1  Thank 340Traveler

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Went to Slate's for lunch and wow it was good. Had the Gumbo and excellent. Enjoyed it very much. Nice portion. A little pricy, but good food is worth the price. Waitress was a little too overbearing, but nothing major. Surely feel that this is a place to keep trying.

1  Thank Iralgo
Slatescapecoral, Owner at Slate's, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent visit to Slates. We are always looking to utilize the best, freshest product available. I hope you have the opportunity to join us for dinner. Again many thanks for your review and we'll see y'all soon. Allan & Nancy

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went to slate's with friends after it was recommended to them by another couple and found it to be a very good restaurant! The food was
very good from beans and rice to chicken and dumplings all four meal were good. Also our waitress Cheri was very friendly and efficient adding to a nice dining experience! Reservations are recommended and are honored! So if you go I think you'll enjoy it.

Slatescapecoral, Owner at Slate's, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for taking time out to share your dinning experience with us at Slates..I'm very pleased you found our entrees and service to your liking. We are always working to provide the best in food and service and to provide a dinning experience second to none.. Again thanks for joining us..Hope to see you soon..Allan & Nancy

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We were quite happy with our visit. The Food was good (especially the Seafood Alfredo Pasta) and the waitress was very sweet. However, We had to wait a while since we had no reservation. In my opinion the personnel was a bit overwhelmed and therefore it took a bit long to get seated.

Slatescapecoral, Owner at Slate's, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Sofie 20.....Thanks so much for sharing your dinning experience at Slates. Your choice of the seafood Alfredo is a popular one. I'm glad you enjoyed. We are constantly working to better serve and accommodate our patrons. We strongly encourage making reservations to ensure a table will be available upon your arrival. Hope you can dine with us again. Allan & Nancy

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We made reservations for a Thursday night, and although we didn't need them the restaurant was busy. After being seated we waited.. and waited.. and waited. After about 15 minutes I gave up and had to grab someone who looked like a manager and ask if we could just get a server to get some water. Not the best start. Once she arrived everything was fine, but a little awkward.

I started with red beans & rice, which ended up being the highlight of the meal. My wife had the Slate's Chicken which she enjoyed. The 'Grilled Double Chops' featured a creole mustard - I was excited because I love creole cuisine. And then the first bite was straight horse-radish, I almost couldn't get it down. I was optimistic and thought it was just a bad bite, but it turns out that both chops were slathered in it. My wife tried it and almost spit it out. We thought about sending it back, but in truth the red beans and rice were enough of a meal... I didn't feel like waiting for another entree. We ordered dessert which was good but nothing special. Leaving we were both shocked this was the top-reviewed place in Cape Coral, but also acknowledge we may have just caught them on a bad night.

3  Thank panda952
Slatescapecoral, Owner at Slate's, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your dinning experience at Slates with us. Last Thursday was a challenging night for us due to our head server's absence due to a family situation. I'm sorry your entree choice was not to your likeing. We use a creole mustard, panko bread crumbs and andouille sausage as a topping. Our menu does offer additional Creole items and I hope you'll try another selection in the future. If there is anything we can do to make your visit to Slates more enjoyable, please feel free to personally ask for either Nancy or myself and we'll do everything in our power to ensure your dinning experience is second to none. Thank you again for taking time out to review Slates. We appreciate it. Allan & Nancy