“Good pizza, decent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe Daddy's Pizza

Joe Daddy's Pizza
Ranked #144 of 422 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cape Coral, Florida
“Good pizza, decent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I just tried Joe Daddy's Pizza due to receiving a coupon in the mail. The restaurant is a small one, seating approx. 45 people and appears to be set up to handle carry outs more than anything else. After giving us styrofoam cups for our drinks, I was surprised that the person running the show brought us actual plates and silverware prior to delivering the pizza to our table. This was a personable young man who was helpful with advice and checked back to see if we enjoyed his pie. He was the order taker, the pizza maker, the server and the busboy. You order your pizza and drinks at the counter and pay for them in advance, more along the lines of a Shakey's rather than a regular restaurant, creating an uneasy feeling when you don't know what to expect from the product due to it being your first visit.

Joe Daddy's advertises that it serves real brick oven pizza and guarantees a crispy crust on every pie. While I didn't see the insides of the pizza ovens to determine if they were real brick ovens, the outside of them looked like any other pizza oven you might see, so I can't verify this statement. I can, however, say that the crust on our pizza was just the right amount of crispy on the bottom and softer on the edges. The only negative about the crust was it being a bit tough.

The pizza as a whole was quite good. The flavor was a bit lacking, but with some red pepper and oregano spicing it up, was quite easy to consume. The toppings were plentiful with an abundance of cheese, making it nearly impossible to pick up and eat while it was still piping hot. I seldom use a fork on a pizza, but in this case, the silverware came in handy. We ordered a 16" pie, but received something closer to an 18", prompting me to ask the server when he came over to check on us if I had misunderstood him and that this was actually an 18" rather than a 16". He said it was supposed to be a 16", but they have a habit of making the pies larger for their guests that are dining in. I found that to be a refreshing change from the many pizza places that offer specials only on take out orders.

With two drinks, the total for our lunch came to a little over $20 with a $2.oo coupon. I generally am willing to pay $1.00 per inch for a two topping pizza, and with this 16" costing almost $18.00, I would normally consider their price to be too high. However, with the amount of toppings received and the overall quality of the product, I consider Joe Daddy's to be a decent value. You won't get an $8.00 any way you want it type deal such as you can get at Pizza Hut, but you're not getting a Pizza Hut pizza, either. The quality of the the pie justifies the higher price.

The real test for a pizza in my opinion is how it tastes left over. In this case, the pizza is nearly as good as it was when it was hot and fresh. Overall, I can highly recommend Joe Daddy's Pizza and plan on returning often.

• Visited May 2013