“Seafood Done Right!”

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #2 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral 2013" Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Brooksville, Florida
“Seafood Done Right!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

While the indoor seating is at a minimum and tables small, the presentation of food and quantity is fantastic. Too bad the tables aren't a little bigger so you can see how wonderful everyone's plates look. The seafood is cooked to perfection and the sides selected are perfect, showing off the main protein. My husband had scallops with caviar (wants to go back next week for the same thing) and I had salmon. Our dining companions had seared tuna and a shrimp with pasta. They said it was the best meal they had every had in Cape Coral. Highly recommend.

2 Thank AnitaS484

New Jersey
“Finally A #1 Ranked Restaurant Worthy Of Being Rated #1”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I and a friend had dinner at Fish Tales tonight. This is much more than a fish market that has an adjacent restaurant! Not that I'm criticizing those kind of places as I've been to many that have very good food but no ambiance & character. Fish Tales has plenty of both. The decor is very classy. It's the kind of place you could bring a first date to.
Now to the food. I had the very tasty lobster bisque as a starter while my wife had the escargot apply & our friend had the fish chowder. My wife liked hers very much & I had a taste of our friends very tasty chowder. For dinner I had the filet mignon with shrimp dinner which was excellent. My wife & friend also enjoyed their meals very much.
Now to the service. It was top notch. We had a very attentive server. One of the owners also came by to enquire about our satisfaction with the meal.

Overall I was very impressed. A note though to people wanting cocktails. Fish Tales only has a beer & wine licsence. However, they do make wine infused cocktails. I had the frozen margarita and found it quite tasty.
Overall I was very impressed and satisfied with my visit to Fish Tales. My dining experience was much better than my visit to former #1 title holder Misto. I don't understand why that mediocre place was rated the #1 Trip Advisor restaurant in Cape Coral for years.

1 Thank spikedude61
Missoula, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 Star Food and gorgeous atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The buttered cod was so much more than I expected and the desserts were beautiful! The best dining experience I've ever had!

1 Thank Amanda K
Cape coral
“Superb! ”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I've been wanting to trying Fish tale, My husband and I came in on a Thursday night I had a bourbon glazed salmon... Cooked to perfection, as my husband had the mixed grill.We were stuffed just as we thought we couldn't eat anymore we ordered dessert, classic Italian cheesecake which was out of this world, gorgeous decoration I almost didn't want to destroy it but we couldn't wait to dive right in.. Our server was very attentive and all of the staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed. We will certainly be back!

3 Thank NancyBernard8
Missoula, Montana
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Rarely does a restaurant not only meet, but far surpass my expectations!!! The Fish Tale Grill delivers big time. Outstanding quality, preparation and service meet for not only a great meal, but a great experience for me and my entire family. In fact, the wait staff even remembered us by name even though it had been months since our last visit. Can't wait to get back to Cape Coral!!!

4 Thank WDuke2014