“Totally Impressed!”

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #2 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral 2013" Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I went to an early dinner with baby in tow. We were greeted by super friendly wait staff and brought to a great table. The bread was delish to start. Then, I had the lobster bisque and the seafood trio. Amazing! It seemed like there was a whole lobster in my bisque! My hubby had the fish and chips which he loved, and he couldn't even finish it. Next time we are in the area, we will totally come here again!

4  Thank JLAWFlorida
There are newer reviews for Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Now I know why everyone is absolutely raving about this restaurant. If you transplanted this establishment to New York City or Miami, it would be impossible to get in. The freshness of the food is outdone only by the amazing flavors and creative recipes. My fussy 10 year old stated "I didn't know fish could taste this good", and is now bugging us to go back. The ice cold beer (for me) and a spectaular wine selection (for the wife) made our experience even more enjoyable. The friendly wait staff was very knowledgeable and recommended an outstanding grouper for my entre, which came with fresh vegetables and a seasoned mashed potato medly. My wife, being from the Cape Cod region, was back at home eating fresh clams on the half shell and steamers, before her king crab legs arrived.
We saved room for dessert and expected a let down as there was no way they could keep impressing us. (We were wrong). They blew us away an unbelievable red velevet cake and strawberry cheescake. (Thankfully we only ordered 2 desserts for the 4 of us, as the portions were huge!)
This is my first time writing a review on Tripadvisor and hope others will share in the culunary joy of this 5 star (hidden but probably not for long) gem!

3  Thank TBone K
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant is very quaint and yet has a very nice full selection of a menu. Parking is limited and so are the tables, but it is worth the wait. The food was fresh and prepared excellent. Great experience and a great meal. Casual attire is fine.

3  Thank 1111Gerald
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I frequent restaurant regularly and we have never been disappointed. Fresh seafood beautifully presented by friendly wait staff - what more can you ask for? Never have had room for the dessert, but there's always next time! This restaurant is a do not miss!

5  Thank Karen D
Reviewed August 4, 2014

There isn't a whole lot I can say that hasn't already been said. This is #1 for good reason, it's amazing! Excellent food (very fresh), beautiful presentation, a lovely atmosphere, and great service! Went on a Monday night for dinner and it was packed. It's a small place inside so be prepared to wait a little. It's worth the wait! Parking is limited. The waiter said in the evening you can park in the pharmacy parking lot next to the resturaunt.

1  Thank Tjhack