“Great food”

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #4 of 464 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral for last 5 years Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Drove past many times and it was always too busy. Finally made it for a great late lunch. Patty was a fantastic server. Can't wait to go back for dinner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have long been an admirer of Amy and Kerry, and their wonderful family and staff. I hoped they would bring their magic to Tarpon Pointe where we live, but alas, it was not to be! Their creation of Fish Tales is the perfect example of how if you are deeply committed to producing the very best product, it will be a Superstar, even tucked away on a back street. I love the soups, but my favorite is the Shellfish Tower. My wife and daughters go wild for the duo of tartars, but you cAn and will try everything! I have sometimes had a cup of all 3 soups, this is what Legal Seafood started out to be, before the glitz. It just doesn't get any better than this!

1  Thank Floridalover333
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Im a seafood and fish lover, so based on the reviews for this restaurant I had to go! It was not a disappointment!

Lobster Bisque is a favorite and when the say a cup of bisque - it actually came in a coffee cup! There was a lot of bisque in the cup and it had large chunks of lobster in it. Absolutely wonderful!

Grouper is a lovely fish and their Grouper Picatta combined two of my favorite things! I'm mad about capers and this could have used a few more in the sauce, however the fish was delicious! I did wind up asking for a side of the sauce.

My husband had the Cranberry Macadamia Sea Bass and it was also a wonderful fish dish.

The setting and service was top notch. Good drinks, good food. Go!

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have dined here twice in the last 3 weeks with my husband and with family and both times the experiences were perfect. Everything that we ordered was delicious. From the appetizers to dessert we were blown away. If you go there I highly recommend the sea bass (everything was amazing though...so really you can't go wrong!)
The service at Fish Tale is beyond compare. The first time we went there we were with a large party and they were able to accommodate us on the outside patio. Our server was Tina (I think) and she was friendly and well informed on the entire menu. The second time we went there our server was Christy (I think) and she was perfect. Friendly, efficient, and made our evening truly enjoyable. While we were there the 1st server (Tina?) recognized our 2 month old daughter...by name!
Fish Tale Grill is doing everything right, from the staff to the food, the whole experience was second to none. I will be going back soon and telling my friends and family about this delightful restaurant.

-Also...KEY LIME PIE! mmmm

1  Thank Jaime T
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I visited Cape Coral from the Seattle area. We travel extensively, and have had some of the best seafood available, especially in Hawaii. Saw the reviews for Fish Tale Grill on TA, and our concierge at The Westin highly recommended this. I had a Mac Nut Crusted Chilean Sea Bass, and my wife had the Butterfish - it was absolutely THE BEST seafood we have ever had. Great presentation, delicate on the palate, melts in your mouth, and pleasing side dishes that compliment the entree extremely well. I limited the review to 4 Stars for two reasons; first, the building is in a commercial district (no water views here...), and second, we were a bit disappointed in staff the second evening (yes, we went back the next night!). No one, including the manager who spoke with us on our first visit, seemed to recognize or acknowledge us and that we came back. That's a shame, but it has all the potential to improve - the Chef is an absolute ROCK STAR, though.

1  Thank TMiller150