“Amazing food, Excellent Service”

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #5 of 463 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral for last 5 years Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have dined here twice in the last 3 weeks with my husband and with family and both times the experiences were perfect. Everything that we ordered was delicious. From the appetizers to dessert we were blown away. If you go there I highly recommend the sea bass (everything was amazing though...so really you can't go wrong!)
The service at Fish Tale is beyond compare. The first time we went there we were with a large party and they were able to accommodate us on the outside patio. Our server was Tina (I think) and she was friendly and well informed on the entire menu. The second time we went there our server was Christy (I think) and she was perfect. Friendly, efficient, and made our evening truly enjoyable. While we were there the 1st server (Tina?) recognized our 2 month old daughter...by name!
Fish Tale Grill is doing everything right, from the staff to the food, the whole experience was second to none. I will be going back soon and telling my friends and family about this delightful restaurant.

-Also...KEY LIME PIE! mmmm

1  Thank Jaime T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,867)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I visited Cape Coral from the Seattle area. We travel extensively, and have had some of the best seafood available, especially in Hawaii. Saw the reviews for Fish Tale Grill on TA, and our concierge at The Westin highly recommended this. I had a Mac Nut Crusted Chilean Sea Bass, and my wife had the Butterfish - it was absolutely THE BEST seafood we have ever had. Great presentation, delicate on the palate, melts in your mouth, and pleasing side dishes that compliment the entree extremely well. I limited the review to 4 Stars for two reasons; first, the building is in a commercial district (no water views here...), and second, we were a bit disappointed in staff the second evening (yes, we went back the next night!). No one, including the manager who spoke with us on our first visit, seemed to recognize or acknowledge us and that we came back. That's a shame, but it has all the potential to improve - the Chef is an absolute ROCK STAR, though.

1  Thank TMiller150
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fish Tale is a restaurant/seafood shop. The entrees are fresh and hearty. Well worth the prices which are fair! Service is pleasant and the staff work to make the customers happy. They have indoor and outdoor eating. They do not have a canal view but I was too busy eating to notice! I like to take friends and visitors here as the atmosphere is open and feels like family!

2  Thank nicknky
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great food, great prices, and great service! What more can you ask for! Say hello to Coral for us. She's a great waitress.

1  Thank GarafSurfer
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We bought food here to take home and cook. Restaurant looks nice as well. Well informed staff help making a choice, with specials being offered during the week. Lots to choose from and good prices as well.

1  Thank simps162016