“Wow. I love this place.”

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #1 of 422 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral 2013" Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Owatonna, MN
“Wow. I love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The atmosphere here is great as well as the food. This place has only been open for 5 months and it is going to give every other place to eat in Cape Coral a run for their money. I had the sea bass and it may be the best meal I've had in the Cape. Our waitress was very friendly. They were very busy, but our food came out quickly. The only negatives I can come up with is that they only serve beer and wine. They don't have a full bar. And they don't take reservations. With both outside and inside seating, this place can accommodate whatever you're in the mood for. Definitely not the cheapest place around, but worth it.

4 Thank SassyOwatonna_MN

Gulf Shores
“Shoved food down our throats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went here on recommendation of a local. Waited at bar and had good service. Everyone seemed very nice. Got seated a a very small table for 4 of us and pushed up against the cash register and in the aisle where food was coming and going. Okay, we can pull table back a little and this will work, as our group likes to eat slowly and get an item at a time. Young waiter, but informative and attentive. We order appetizers and they come--great food. He asks if we would like to order rest, we say not yet. Enjoyed our food and he comes back. Now we order our soups and salads, he asks can he also take our main courses, okay we think. Soup and salads are delivered--my husband and friends don't even get one bite, I had just taken a forkful of salad and here comes our main courses! Absolutely no place on the tiny table to put them---so what do you chose to eat. We have food and certainly can't enjoy it. Waiter doesn't seem to care and the manager never comes over. We should have refused the food, but we just got upset and didn't enjoy our food or the restaurant. Will we ever go back--NO. Will we recommend it-NO. Maybe the food is good, but come on guys!

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Had lunch with a friend and it was excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Went for lunch at Fish Tales and it was one of the best I've had in a long, long time. Food was great. Service was outstanding. Has the Grouper sandwich and it was juicy and fresh. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Iralgo
Shamong, New Jersey
“Not much to look at from the outside, but terrific food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

My friends and I have ridden by Merrick's many times, but had never stopped in. It does not look like much when riding by but is quite an inviting place on the inside. They have outside tables on a deck as well as tables inside along with a beautiful bar that serves wine and beer. We were greeted by a hostess who was very friendly and made you feel welcome. Our waitress, Patti, obviously loved her job and made you feel comfortable and appreciated.

The bar was wine and beer only and had a few beers on tap including a Cigar City Jai Alai IPA that was very good.

We started off with oysters on the half shell. They had both blue points and gulf oysters and we ordered six of each apiece. The oysters were large, fresh, and very tasty. The horseradish accompaniment was fresh and very hot. If I had to choose, I would take the bluepoints, but both were excellent. The oysters were well worth the trip!

For entrees we had the fish and chips basket and the crab cake entree. The fish was a very large piece of fresh breaded cod served over excellent homemade french fries along with an orzo salad. All were excellent. The cod was absolutely delicious! The crab cakes were large, full of lump crab meat, and delicious.

It was a great lunchtime experience with great service, excellent food, and good atmosphere. Well worth the trip and we will be going back.

2 Thank biminiguy
Racine, Wi
“Nice lunch at Fish Tale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stopped here for lunch on 02-12-14. Ate outside in the beautiful Florida sunshine. I had a sea food chowder that I liked. My dining companion had an Asian shrimp salad that she liked. We each had a nice cold beer to wash things down with. The service was great.

• Visited February 2014