“Outstanding Seafood”

Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood
Ranked #2 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted best seafood restaurant in "Best of Cape Coral 2013" Fish Tale Grill by Merrick Seafood offers the best local seafood. Anything from fresh salads,fried seafood baskets, homemade soups, raw bar to delectable fresh seafood entrees.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Outstanding Seafood”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been a fan of Merrick Seafood for quite a while. They could always be relied upon for quality and freshness. Recently I visited their on-site restaurant, "Fish Tale Grill". The experience was outstanding. I had heard great things about their lobster bisque so I had to give it a try. It was heaven. I have sampled this dish in many high class restaurants around the world. This was, far and away, the best ever!
Every item our party of four sampled was very well prepared and of the highest quality. This was the finest meal I have ever experienced in Cape Coral.

2 Thank Jimgev

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

All of my family had great meals. The soup was fantastic. I had the fish and chips and it was huge. Not greasy at all. The cod was light and flaky. The service was friendly and prompt. We ate outside on the patio with the heaters going which made it very comfortable.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank mnbiker76
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Disappointment”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Dinner tonite with 2 couples. The lobster bisque was wonderful with alot of flavor. The scallop appetizer was excellent and the salad fresh and good. The special entree was swordfish with linguine and marinara sauce. The vegetables and the linguine marinara were both done well, but the swordfish on both orders was overcooked and dry. The other entree was pork shank osso bucco which was served almost cold. The service was good and the decor is delightful, but for a fish store to overcook its product is inexcusable.

2 Thank Jeffrey L
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent meal, great service, add to your "must try" list”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We visited Fish Tale Grill for lunch earlier this year. They have recently expanded and are now also open for dinner. We went with another couple who had not been there yet. For an appetizer, we all shared the fried calamari. They serve it with both the rings an tentacles and a marinara and aioli sauce. Very, very good. For our entrees, my wife ordered the Lobster Lasagna and I chose the Grouper Picatta. The other couple ordered the Butter Fish for him and the Sea Bass. As accompaniments, they selected the Seafood Chowder and we selected the Caesar salads. I also got a cup of the Seafood Chowder as our server said it was great. She was right - outstanding. We all loved our meals except that my wife felt that the sauce on her ravioli was a bit lacking in flavor. We will all definitely return and highly recommend the Fish Tale Grill. This is a great choice for a superior quality seafood meal.

1 Thank Larry K
“Might be better for lunch”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I went with my husband and 2 friends for an early dinner. We sat indoors in a booth. There were only a few diners when we arrived, it quickly filled up. Our waitress seemed to be over-committed and hurried. We didn't get some food we ordered. Portions were was oversized and we turned much of food back as we couldn't eat all of it. We had an issue with food orders and wine order. The booth was a bit tight for the 4 of us and it became increasingly noisy. Not sure if I'd go back for dinner again. Lunch maybe.

Visited December 2013