“One of the better breakfasts in the Cape” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of House of Omelets

House of Omelets
Ranked #16 of 417 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“One of the better breakfasts in the Cape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went here for lunch but had breakfast. Prices aren't the cheapest around but the portions are generous. Eggs were scrambled perfectly. Potatoes were good. Pancakes were thin, not thick and cake-like. Turkey sausage was the best I've had in this area. Toast isn't your thin cheap toast. The multi-grain toast had good flavor and was thick. Coffee fresh. Owner/manager (not sure which he was) came over to ask if we liked our meal. Service was good. We will be back.

• Visited June 2014

“OK to eat alone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Sometimes as a single diner I am made to feel uncomfortable, but that's not the case here. Food very good. Really friendly atmosphere. Great servers. Priced right.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Regina B
Middletown
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Got there on a Sunday morning, really busy, but, got seated pretty fast. Service was good, for how busy they were. Our breakfast was very good, and very large, in fact, I did not finish mine. And that does not happen to many times. Our meals did cost a little more than most, BUT, it was worth it, If I lived local, it would be one of my regulars. Reading some of the reviews., some people would complain at a free beer party.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank SamMiddletown
Cape Coral, Florida
“Decent service, food could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I tried the House of Omelots last week since it one of the closest restaurants to our home. I was hoping for something a little better.

Since it is now off season in SW Florida, it isn't difficult to get a seat at nearly any restaurant without a wait. When we arrived, we were seated immediately and I noticed that although the place is fairly large for a breakfast and lunch type spot, there were only a couple of tables taken. I assumed that was because we were a little late for breakfast, arriving at 8:30AM.

For a restaurant only open for two meals per day, their menu is extensive, covering several pages. Their prices seemed in line compared to other breakfast restaurants, most notably Perkins and Dennys, some a little on the high side and some on the low side. Our server greeted us promptly and took our order. The drinks arrived quickly and the meals, pancakes and bacon for my wife and an omelet for me, soon followed on a timely basis.

There was minimal cheese in my meat lover's omelet. The bacon tasted burned, as was my wife's who got a side order along with her pancakes. The sausage tasted terrible; so bad that I began avoiding pieces of it. The only meat that had any redeeming qualities was the ham. The best thing about the omelet was the price. While their normal three egg omelet cost nearly $9.00, a two egg omelet was on special for only $5.99. The potatoes that came with the meal were not edible, plain and simple. I tried to doctor them up with salt and pepper, but it didn't help. They had a flavor as though they had been prepared in grease that had been saved from all the various breakfast meats they had prepared the entire morning. Dirty grill? Maybe. If the cook doesn't know how to prepare potatoes, they should start using packaged hash browns.

The wife's pancakes tasted like they had been made with wheat flour; they certainly did not taste like buttermilk pancakes, which is what she thought she was getting. She normally wolfs down pancakes, so when she quit with more than half remaining on her plate, I tried a bite to see what they were like. If I had ordered them, I would have requested them to be taken back. She didn't want to complain.

Overall, I was disappointed that a restaurant so close to home wasn't good enough to frequent. We probably won't go back to House of Omelets when there are so many other choices in town that provide much better quality food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John S
Cape Coral, Florida
“Another Hidden Surprise in the Cape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I thought House of Omelets was new when they hung a banner outside. It worked because it caught our attention. The food is pretty good. The servers are very nice. I will say there have been a couple of times I didn't care for my food. After telling the server they never asked if I wanted something different or told the manager. I found that to be odd. But I still go back and try new things. The staff seems to be very friendly with many customers. It was a very homey feeling.

Visited May 2014