“consistent and reliable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stopped here for breakfast. The service is always attentive and cheerful. There are so many selections it is hard to decide. I felt the prices were higher than I remembered. The food is good but everything seemed sticky: the menu, tables, banquettes. nothing a thorough cleaning wouldn't fix.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Many people think of Perkins Family Restaurants as one or two rungs above Waffle House on the ladder of dining establishments. Most Perkins I have dined at have decent food for a reasonable value and the service can be hit or miss. My wife and tried this Perkins location that was new to us for breakfast and were very disappointed with both the service and the food.

After we were seated, it took our server 7 minutes to greet us, an unacceptable amount of time. As we sat there, we realized that it wasn't the server's fault; she was attending to seven tables with only two servers for the entire restaurant. But when she finally came to the table, things only got worse. I asked her if they were still offering their omelet special, but instead of giving me a courteous yes or no, she asked curtly, "When was the last time you were here, duh," an insult to my lack of knowledge about their current menu. She then demanded that we fill out an application for email status, and when I told her I wasn't interested, she said, "No one passes up free food. Who are you?" I told her I was a person who already got enough junk email and didn't want anymore, thank you. She took our order and left the table in a huff, apparently upset because they must have been having some sort of contest for the most signups.

When the food came, my wife's bacon was overcooked. I had ordered a ham and cheese omelet and found a minimal amount of ham and cheese on the outside of the omelet but assumed there would be more inside. I was wrong. This was a three egg omelet but didn't have enough ham and cheese for a one egg omelet. I have had the same item before at other Perkins and never had this issue. It told me that the manager was attempting to cut costs any way he or she could; first, with an insufficient number of servers in an attempt to save on labor hours, and second, by reducing the amount of ingredients in their products.

By the time we finished our meals, our server was waiting on a total of nine tables and simply did not have the time to check back with us. She never inquired about the meals, never asked if she could get us anything else, never refilled our drinks, and it took her five minutes to drop the check after we had finished eating.

I had decided to speak to the manager when we went up front to pay the check because it was he who was causing the problems we encountered and he was costing his servers tip money by putting them in positions where they simply could not give proper service to earn a decent tip. But the hostess who seated us was also playing cashier. I asked her if I could speak to the manager about problems we had with the service and food and her reply was, "I'm sorry, but the manager doesn't have the time to talk to customers right now." So not only are we going to get a poor product, we are not allowed to complain about it. Their corporate offices are going to get an earful.

I don't have an exceptional opinion of Perkins to begin with, but have never had such a horrible experience at other locations as I did with this one. I strongly suggest the reader finds a different restaurant in the area and stays away from this Perkins.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Although I don't have any rugrats to bring here, you would never know there are kids here because they don't let them run all over the restaurant. Excellent food.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Service is slow, food is a chain restaurant. It'll do in a pinch.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Big menu and the food was wonderful! Very friendly staff. Highly recommend