“ReallyThai”
Review of Siam Hut

Siam Hut
Ranked #59 of 427 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“ReallyThai”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We've always liked the Siam Hut for the typical reasons--good food--good service and reasonable prices. Lately we visited Bangkok and traveled around quite a bit for a month. Now I respect the Siam Hut even more. Very original !

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lowjohn

Cape Coral, Florida
“Finally Found”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We moved to Cape Coral three years ago almost to the day, and have found LOTS of wonderful places to eat (we don't agree with reviewers who say the area doesn't have much to offer), but the one thing we had not found was good Thai or Chinese (I know, I know, they're not the same) although we've tried several. Siam Hut is sort of hidden in plain sight, we'd never thought to try it, but did today: it's splendid! Authentic? we shouldn't judge, having limited -- though not non-existent -- experience with Thai food, but it was as good as, if not better than, the best we've eaten.

Unattractive strip mall with tight parking, but the restaurant is spacious and attractive inside; they were doing good business at lunch on an out-of-Season Wednesday, some retired folks like ourselves, many single and multiple tables of local business people, an immediate indication of good quality and value; we saw several people come in for take-out. Service, by two very friendly and efficient waitresses, was lovely. The luncheon items, as stated elsewhere here, come with a good but unexciting soup and a small, fresh salad with a tasty peanut-based house dressing. There ARE other interesting-sounding soups, appetizers, and salads to be had: we assume they can be substituted or added for the price listed on the menu for those items.

We shared the Giew Za (pan fried dumplings stuffed with ground pork, ginger, & scallions) to start, then had the Pad Si-Ew and the green curry with rice; these are dishes we are very familiar with, and Siam Hut's versions are excellent, not too sweet (a fault we often find with Thai cuisine), and in the case of the curry, asked for "medium hot", perfect in that respect. For under $9 each both meals were plenty to eat and very tasty. Our only reservation, and it is a frequent one, is that the lean white chicken breast and lean pork used tend to be rather flavorless and a little dry, but I suspect many diners do not want dark or more marbled meat.

We are already looking forward to going back to Siam Hut! The menu is extensive, including noodle dishes, curries, stir-fries, fish dishes, and a variety of fried rice dishes, as well as "Siam Hut Specialties" that sound pretty swell. Most everything listed on their website menu is available for lunch in a smaller portion for considerably less money than at dinner.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nancy O
Georgia
“Outstanding food, nice environment”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've been to this restaurant for YEARS -- and will continue to go anytime I am in the area. The owners are frequently on the premises and are warm and friendly. Every dish I have ever had is amazing - flavorful and delicious. I haven't had every menu item, as I have a few favorites I tend to order (the noodle dishes are my favorite). I love the Curry Puff appetizer and the soup and salad that accompany lunch orders are yummy, as well. I would strongly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area and if you like authentic Thai food. The downside? Sometimes the dishes come out separately and you are left waiting on your companion's meal. If you can deal with that, you are sure to have a wonderful dining experience and be a repeat customer like myself.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alli D
Captiva Island, Florida
“Not hot enough”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We typically have Thai food in Bonita but decided to try this place out since it's closer to home. Don't be fooled by its setting - our expectations were substantially surpassed when we entered the strip mall unit. We ordered the fried wontons, giew za, chicken red curry, and pork pad kee mao (both hot). Both appetizers were yummy, but we though the giew za was better than the intense crispiness of the wontons. My chicken red curry wasn't spicy at all, much to my disappointment, but was good nonetheless. My boyfriend loved the pad kee mao, but it was incredibly spicy and the heat that was intended for my curry may have ended up in my boyfriend's dish. Nonetheless, the meal was enjoyable and affordable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alma F
Crestview, Florida
“Favorite thai”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here for years!! Everyone is very friendly and they remember us. The resturant isnt the prettiest place but the food makes up for it! We eat in and a lot of times pick up the food. They have the best unsweet tea and has a thai flavor which is really good. Our favorites are the thai chopped chicken basil, panang curry and pad sew. Even though everything is good.
If you go here at lunch it comes with a salad and a soup!
Theres no reason to go to another Thai restaurant but when i was living somewhere else I had to try to compare every Thai resturant this place and none compare yet. Thankfully i am back now and go often.

• Visited April 2013