“Good food horrific service.”

Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Be transported to Old World Italy with our authentic family recipes at Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant.
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Pizza and calzone were very good as was the basket of fries I ordered for my children. Well at least until the waitress threw them away with some empty plates. When we told her our kids were still eating them she walked over to another waitress, rolled her eyes and said "apparently there were still fries in that basket". Service was extremely slow and we had to ask several times for refills before we actually got them. It took extremely long to get the check and when we did it was not correct which took even longer. I gave this 3 stars because the food was pretty good, maybe a good place to get take out.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Pizza is great and great Italian food.
Small family owned and operated.
Casual and comfortable. Friendly servers and a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Loulinda
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

If you found this helpful please click the helpful link below.

This restaurant was accommodating for a large group and that was appreciated.

The food was just ok, most importantly it took far too long!

The waitress was very cool and spunky and we liked this place mostly because of her although she was leaving.

I would give it another try but a little disappointed for my first experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently started visiting Cape Coral quite often. My new friend has taken me here twice this month. And we will be back tonight for half price pizza! We now consider it "our restaurant". The service is always great.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

What an unassuming little gem this place is. We were staying in Cape Coral for the weekend and went on trip advisor as we didn't want to go far but wanted to have Italian and dine with the kids. The people there were warm and friendly, service (especially our waiter Daniel) were excellent and very attentive.

The food was simply fantastic home cooked Italian served hot straight from the kitchen to our table. Everything from the ingredients used to the tomato sauces and even their ability to tailor the meal. I had been unable to find anywhere in southwest Florida during our 2 week stay, willing or able to prepare a 'puttanesca style' pizza. I asked at Maria's and they did it exactly as requested - thin crust, cheese and tomato with black olives, capers and anchovies - succulent!

Above all was the exceptional value which was so surprising. The portions are very generous. Our son had a 'small' cheese calzone which was less than $7 and he wasn't even able to finish half of it. My tailor made pizza with the freshest of ingredients was also a 'small' and I barely finished it. My wife had the lasagna and was equally pleased. The wine selection was limited but included some good choices - we had a basic super Tuscan for under $30. The place is a very simple but homey looking decor and really doesn't look like much from outside. However, this one goes to our recommendation list for friends and family who visit and vacation in the area. What a fantastic meal - we thoroughly enjoyed it!