“no more coupons”

Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 463 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Be transported to Old World Italy with our authentic family recipes at Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

we have been going to maria's for at least 4 yrs or more and were using the restaurant.com coupons with a $25.00 value. last used about a month ago. loved the food. always good and large portions. i bought more coupons when we found out how good the food was and they took a coupon last month. when i called tonight to make sure they were still good, the man told me they stopped taking them 2 years ago, but would give me a $10.00 credit. when i told him i used one last month, he said "oh, we stopped last month and you should turn them in for some other restaurant". he changed his story. i am on ss and my is on disability, so we have little to spare, and when we do, we always went to your restaurant. now i guess that is no longer possible. it was really enjoyable while it lasted. but why did you let that many coupons be sold they if you are not going to honor them. carol k.

MariasOwner, Owner at Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me but we have been taking them for 2 years, but we stopped participating with them 2 years ago, and we still accepted the ones that were purchased through them until last month. We cannot afford to accept them anymore. We receive nothing for them, so you are costing us $25 every time they are used. That is why they make you spend a minimum of $35, which most people do, so we are giving $35 in food for $10, obviously we would go out of business continuing to take them. I know they sell them for as low as $1 each for the $25 certificates and also offer free ones, so to me it's a very unethical company. The reason we offered them is they use very high pressure sales tactics to get someone like our former manager to sign up then make it nearly impossible to cancel. We had no say in how many coupons were sold. I was surprised when we continued to get some over 2 years old, they should have an expiration because they aren't a "real" gift certificate, I'm sure people bought dozens at a time when they went on sale for $1. We aren't the only restaurant that I've seen that stopped accepting them, and we are still giving a $10 discount until the end of the year for any unredeemed certificates. I'm sorry if you are on SS and disability but if I was in your shoes I wouldn't eat out at any restaurants or take advantage of them with scams like restaurant.com

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This past Monday night, lots of cars on the street/lot. Just had to be good. Well...it was! At our table, Chicken Marsala (fork tender), veal parm, combo plate that my hubby loved, meatballs and linguini, bruschetta and oh the hot hot hot fresh rolls! Yum. Service was good. We also like the music that matches the cuisine. We will return.

We are year round folks. Hope it is as good in the summer, as it's been known not be so at summer restaurants. ****

1  Thank Bee J
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Small restaurant in the middle of nowhere that mostly local folk know about. After reading it's excellent reviews, my husband and I decided to go there. Excellent choice! The bread was sooooo delicious and covered in a Parmesan and garlic sauce. I took one of the specials which was chicken and broccoli with pine nuts in a creamy vodka sauce and my husband ate a supreme pizza. Just awesome! We really enjoyed our experience. We are tourists and will come again. Highly recommended. Service was excellent too.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Tuesday Oct 2nd 2013
Arrived at 8.15pm, staff member outside chatting with a party of happy leaving customers, parked up as staff member went inside.
Noted small group of customers on table in left side of otherwise empty restaurant, a male member of staff popped his head out of the kitchen, looked about and went back in.
Waited nearly 8 minutes at front desk to be seated but no member of staff showed despite me opening and closing both of the two front doors twice.
Saw blond twenty something staff member with drink in hand poke head out of kitchen as we reversed out of parking space.
This place gets great reviews on this and other review sites and I would really have liked to eat and spend money in a family business but to no avail, ended up in Ford's Garage instead - shame.

MariasOwner, Owner at Maria's Pizzeria & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I'm not sure what happened but I would like clarification on the date this occurred because your review says Tuesday Oct 2nd, but it says reviewed October 1, 2013. I'm surprised with people in the dining room there was no one there, that is definitely not policy. Opening and closing the doors wouldn't have helped much; but since we are just a small family restaurant you could have walked into the kitchen. Of course my servers are denying that this could have happened but it was near closing and there were only the two servers left in the front. I'm also sorry you had to experience Ford's Garage as well. If you are still interested, please try us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Their siggi pie has the best tasting sauce in the cape, without a doubt! Excellent, even by philadelphia standards and we have so great pies in philly, CUZ!