“DIVERSTYNOTACCEPTED”

Ranked #24 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cape Coral Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar. Where VIP's can eat for free. Get VIP status on our website (it's free) We serve Hibachi Steak, chicken, fish, shrimp, lobster table side with our master Japanese Hibachi chefs (we are told they are pretty funny too!). Dine at our Sushi bar with master sushi chef's preparing all your favorites and some of the most delectable sushi rolls you may have never tried before. Our House specialty is our famous "FAT GIRL ROLL". What's a Fat Girl, Check out our menu on our website, we personally guarantee you will love it! We now feature the largest Sake Bar in all of S.W. Florida. Enjoy your sushi the way it was meant to be by pairing it with an exotic Sake selection. Come visit us and bring lots of friends, it's more fun that way!
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I’m writing to you in hope that my voice is heard and no one else has to go thru the embarrassment and humiliation my friends and I had to endure this past weekend at Sakura Japanese Steak House located at 3034 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33904. I live in Miami, FL, when I visit Cape Coral it is a pleasant relaxing experience. Cape Coral is quiet and has a small town feel to it. We frequent this restaurant when we’re up there. Up until last Saturday February 13, 2010 the service and food were enjoyable. However, Saturday night a few of my close friends and I experienced the worst possible encounter. We are respectable people and we like to be treated as such. By this I mean that although our sexual orientation is not heterosexual, we have very high morals, we don’t use public displays of affection and we do not enter into sexuality discussions with anyone. But this is beside the point; my point is that as customers we expected in any case to be provided with services regardless of color, race, sexual orientation and other human differences. The table set up to fit your entire party if is large enough to fill a table or mixed with other costumers if your party is not large enough, which was the case for us Saturday night. We were six and there was a party of 3 in our table. The chef which performs a Japanese cuisine spectacle began by quoting “oh we have girl on girl action tonight” very offensive may I say. He then continued to a slur of jokes which, in my opinion were very inappropriate for a dinner service. Needless to say this restaurant is for all ages, and children and families are present. He starts to serve the food, egg shells present in our food, and the food was for the first time ever, tasteless. We asked to talk to a manager, one of my friends first time there, spoke with the manager and explained he was disappointed at the food quality, but still offered to pay for his service. Another friend asked for the owner, who showed up very angry and seemed drunk. He insulted us, calling us all kinds of names, cursed and acted very violent. We did pay the bill and left. Obviously we would never come back. I would like to know are there any consequences for these actions?

Reviewed February 14, 2010

I always go to Blu Sushi at the Gulf Coast Town Center for their all you can eat sushi bar. I live in Cape Coral and therefore I wanted to try Sakura because they are closer to where I live. I regret doing it. The service at this restaurant was horrible, from the hostess to the people who prepare the sushi. My waitress was the only one who was nice and tried to do her best. For my second order of sushi, I waited over 25 minutes (probably a lot longer). Keep in mind that the restaurant was almost empty. I got tired of waiting so I just paid my bill, tipped my server and told them to keep that order of sushi. Something I notice is that the most people there during lunch (I went on a Saturday) were from out of town. I feel bad for them because the first time they try Sushi in Cape Coral was there and their experience could be better (anywhere else). I can understand why there were no locals there. I am a local and I won't come back. And please note that this happened during their lunch sushi bar. I have been there before for Japanese steak house and they were okay (average, but not horrible).

sakuracapecoral, owner at Sakura Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2010

First let me apoligize for your experience at our restaurant. We do everything we can to try and make sure every guest is happy and sometimes we do fall short. I am very pleased to see that you did not mention the food so I will assume it was satisfactory(whatever you did get). Our sushi is primarily made to order and we focus on quality. Most of our customers know this and are happy to wait a little longer for top quality sushi. Even with this, there is no reason for the huge delay in the arrival of your order. We have been here for 20 years but have only been open for lunch for 2 months, with wonderful success. I want to show you that your visit to us was a isolated occurance and we have been here in the cape so long for good reason. We care about our locals. Visit our facebook fan page. Please email me so i can make up for this terrible experience.
Teet Davis sakuracapecoral@gmail.com

Reviewed January 4, 2010

I have been to Sakura on numerous occasions, each considered to be considered a delicacy! The food is great, the prices are the best in the area, the service is excellent and very personalable. Not to mention the hibachi and sushi are DELICIOUS! I highly recommend Sakura!

Reviewed January 4, 2010

Go here for birthday dinners, dinner in general, and best lunch specials ever!! I live in Ft. Myers and travel to Cape Coral just for their food. Top of the great service and stellar food (soup, salad, main course, dessert) I get my 2 bucks back for the tolls I have to pay to get there. Owners are on site and always making sure you are doing good that is if they are not the ones cooking your food. Oh ya and cant forget the sushi. For me i dont like fish in general but they make the best Volcano's and Konasou.

Reviewed January 4, 2010

I goto Sakura 2-4 times a week. Lunch is the best. $12.95 all you can eat SUSHI Menu. Excellent service, excellent wait staff. Very GOOD Sushi. I sit at the SUSHI Bar & watch them make the Sushi Rolls. The atmosphere is so pleasant & warm, it feels like home when you are there. Best place to go & have lunch or dinner. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that loves SUSHI....