“The Best Sushi / Hibachi in Cape Coral!”

Sakura Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Ranked #23 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cape Coral Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar. Where VIP's can eat for free. Get VIP status on our website (it's free) We serve Hibachi Steak, chicken, fish, shrimp, lobster table side with our master Japanese Hibachi chefs (we are told they are pretty funny too!). Dine at our Sushi bar with master sushi chef's preparing all your favorites and some of the most delectable sushi rolls you may have never tried before. Our House specialty is our famous "FAT GIRL ROLL". What's a Fat Girl, Check out our menu on our website, we personally guarantee you will love it! We now feature the largest Sake Bar in all of S.W. Florida. Enjoy your sushi the way it was meant to be by pairing it with an exotic Sake selection. Come visit us and bring lots of friends, it's more fun that way!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Exceptionally friendly owners and staff. Amazing selection of awesome sushi, sashimi, rolls, salads, soups, appetizers and entrees. Cool and inviting ambiance with great service! This place is FANTASTIC!

sakuracapecoral, Owner at Sakura Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We try really hard to make sure that everybody has fun and a tasty dinner. Thanks for taking the time to let us know and the rest of the internet.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great food, haven't had a roll yet that wasn't exceptional. Love the Lava Drops and the Fat Girl Roll, two of my favorites. Great lunch specials, especially the endless sushi special for $20. Don't take it personally if no one is there to greet you, its a pretty common expectation here. The one negative thing I have to say is NOT to expect any "atmosphere", it's a run down looking place with 20 year old decor. Old and outdated is not the issue here, its just a overall feel where its dark and dingy and doesn't give you any sense of cleanliness or proper upkeep, including the tables, utensils and wasabi holders.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy you enjoy our food. I agree that we need a overhaul pretty bad. We have been considering relocating as we do not own the building and its very old. We are hesitant to put the money in something we do not own. Either way, we are addressing the areas that need attention. Also, we have recently replaced our manager so we expect to see strides in our service. We have almost doubled our customer base in about 2 years and we are experiencing growing pains...even after 21 years. These are positive problems to have. Thanks again for the positive comments and I hope you continue to enjoy our sushi.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great food. An all around great time!! I love the chefs choice filet and chicken!!! Join the v.i.p club to eat for free on your birthday and receive great monthly discounts!!!!

Brooke. You are one of our biggest fans and most loyal customers. We have called cabs for you when you were to drunk and cooked for your family on your birthday. You have made Sakura your favorite restaurant for all occasions for some time now and I hope that never changes. Our entire staff knows you and loves to see you visit. Thanks for telling everybody on the internet that this is your favorite restaurant.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The sushi bar here is great, they have an email group you can join to get discounts. The hibachi is usually pretty busy but I haven't tried it yet. Will definitely be back in the future.

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to respond. I am catching up. Thanks for visiting. I hope you get some time to come back for our Hibachi and I am glad you enjoyed the sushi. Thanks for being a VIP and I hope you continue to cross the bridge for your sushi.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I go to Sukura's occasionally to meet friends, the food and service are good. However the restaurant is always dirty. The decor and layout are horrible there have been changes done but it looks like a bad handyman special. I don't think the floors under the tables have ever been cleaned. A lot if people like the restaurant but to really take it to the next level they might wanna put some money back into it. Learn from kumo and be clean. Take a note from blue sushi and fix the decor.

I am glad you like the food and service. We have been here so long sometimes we overlook some of the key factors that make a restaurant exceptional. I am sorry to admit that the poor handymen are the owners. This is a family restaurant and we do everything ourselves. Sometimes we mess up but for the most part we try to move things around so it serves our customers better. We are always trying to improve and re invent ourselves. I appreciate you taking time to point out these things and we take them seriously. If you revisit, I hope you see some improvements. Thank you