“Decent TexMex/Mexican food on the Cape”

Iguana Mia of Cape Coral
Ranked #49 of 461 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good basic TexMex/Mexican food for southwest Florida. Florescent red and green corn tortilla chips served with several different yummy salsas . Relaxing front patio with nice size portions of good food with efficient service. I enjoyed a large cup of Pozole, the broth a little on the bland side, but there was plenty of pork and hominy in the soup, garnished nicely with cabbage, radish, onion, avocado and lime. The black beans and yellow rice (my choice) served with my delicious chicken entree was better then what is served at most similar type Mexican restaurants. Plenty of parking in the back of the restaurant. Worth a visit if you are craving a Margarita and Mexican food while in Cape Coral.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Good, tasty Mexican dishes. Large portions. Friendly service.
Outside patio is nice to get the sun but very close to Cape Coral Blvd and hence traffic noise can be a nuisance. Inside room might be preferable. Cool inside so a light sweater might be good to have handy.
Definitely will go there again when we have visitors who enjoy Mexican cuisine.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The service is excellent, the food is excellent too. The portions are perfectly sized, not too big, not too small. The chips and tequila were both excellent. There were plenty of vegetarian and even vegan options, you only have to ask for it and the staff was very accomodating. The restaurant ambiance is festive without being loud and obnoxious. The server took our orders right away, the food came out promptly and was delicious. I loved this place.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Well, well. I finally found a place that has REAL hot stuff. The salsa made me sweat and it was great. Fresh and tasty. The food was good too. I had the enchiladas' all three meats pork, ground beef & shredded beef.. mmmm. A side of garlic Italian squash. mmm garlicky. The personnel were great. I must give special props to my server. Omar, from Peru.. He was pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable to all my questions. Outstanding job.
My only complaint was they use industrial chips. They were hot and fresh if they were in house it would be better.

But over all I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Whilst holidaying in Cape Coral we decided to have an early dinner at this restaurant for my birthday - my husband was pleasantly surprised to learn that if it's your birthday then your meal is free and you receive a pudding with candles!

Our 18 month old was cooed over by all the staff and very pleased with his balloon and crayons!

The food was nice and plentiful and they're happy to make it as hot or mild as you like. The margaritas were good too!

There are a few of these restaurants in the area and we chose this one as it was closest to our villa.