“Worth Visiting!”

Dining options: Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
“Worth Visiting!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Crazy Olive has lots of competition almost across the street, namely well known Italian and Seafood chain restaurants both operated by the same nationwide group.

That being said, The Crazy Olive DEFINITELY deserves a visit from you.

My wife and I recently dined for the first time there, and were very pleasantly surprised!

My wife's Grouper Dinner ($22), was Excellent, and she chose the citrus burre blanc sauce. She said it rated 5 stars!

I chose the Pollo Rustico ($16), ...Chunks of Grilled Chicken sauteed with roasted red peppers, mushrooms, spinach and bacon in a Rose Sauce tossed with Penne Pasta.

There is NO entree priced more than $22, most are in the $14 t0 $18 range.

Her Grouper WAS AUTHENTIC, locals know what I am referring to here. It was also a VERY LARGE piece, so in my opinion not overpriced at all.

My Entree was served in a large bowl, not on a plate, and even though I was hungry and 200 lbs. plus I still brought half of it home because I was comfortably full.

Her Grouper came with 2 sides, the typical potato variations and vegetable choices

My Pollo Rustico was not served with choice of sides, but both meals also came with choice of salds, my wife choosing a house, with a Caesar for me.

ALL the food was Excellent, including the Ciabatta Bread that is served with BOTH a olive oil dipping sauce and an interesting chopped olive spread.

Want more bread?

Just ask.

We literally brought home 4 "doggie bowls" of food that will be enough to make another meal tonight.

Our server was excellent, the wait time for the food was not long, and you could tell they really are giving the place their best shot.

A drawback? Iced Tea variations, (surprisingly no sweet tea), and Soft Drinks are $2.50,

Try it...we WILL BE BACK, and so will you!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Nice addition to the restaurant scene”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice dinner and a very good value. The sever was helpful. Still a few logistical issues with a new restaurant, but all in all a very good experience. For example, out of Chardonnay, no bernaise sauce tonight and the women's bathroom was out of toilet paper :-).

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the wedge salad before we tore into it. It was GIGANTIC and only $7. Looked like half a head of lettuce, with crumbled blue cheese, red onions, marinated artichokes, tomatoes...could have fed four. I had the crazy pepper appetizer. It was like mini calzone with Hungarian pepper and sausage filling. My wife and I split a medium white pizza. It had a nice thin crust and plenty of cheese, very rich--not enough garlic for our taste, but we were full after one slice. Our friends had steak. Where can you get a strip steak for $14 and a rib eye for $18. They enjoyed it.

They have a few details to iron out, but if they pay attention to details, they'll be off the wall.

Visited April 2013
Punta Gorda
“Worth a Trip Back”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Made reservations for a Wed. evening for a party of 13. Got there and saw another large party just setting down. I thought, "Oh No', we'll be forever receiving food and probably will be cold!
Well, proved wrong on both thoughts. Food was very good, and served in a timely fashion considering the size of our party. Definitely will go back. Cudos to our server, Michael!!!!

• Visited April 2013
“acceptable dining no wow factor”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try out the new place on Pine Island Road called the crazy olive, we pulled into a packed parking lot. noticed live music outside asked the hostess to sit outside, she was rude and said that next time we needed to make a reservation if we wanted to sit outside, normaly with that kind of attitude i would have left. but we said okay we will sit inside. our waitress was nice we got two martinis that did not come in martini glasses like the picture they came in the regular water glasses. appetizer portion was large and value is good we got the " cape combo" shrimp crab cakes calamari and fried cheese. salad and bread were fresh and good portion. For the main course I got angel hair pasta pesto sauce with scallops my wife got the wedge salad and crabmeat corn chowder for soup both portions were large and freshly made. the waitress kept our drinks filled and was very attentive to the table we give the overall experience with ambience, service and food of 4/5. we will try again.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Dining at The Crazy Olive”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a new Italian restaurant that opened in the old Geo's on Pine Island Rd. The decor is pleasant with both inside and patio seating. The bar (specialties are Martini's) straddles the inside/outside area. Pizzas are well done with a thin crust. Appetizer bread is served with garlic in oil and a chopped olive spread-both are in-house made. Consistency seems to be a concern. Fried Calamari can be too chewy. Pasta dishes could use more spices. Fish items are excellent. You choose how you want it cooked and what sauce you want on it. The grilled Mahi-Mahi with lobster sauce was fantastic. The Stromboli is excellent but the marinara sauce needs some help.

• Visited March 2013