“It was just ok”

El Tarasco Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 435 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I have had a lot of different mexican restaurants from MI to FL and i cant say its my favorite. I thought it was just ok. Im not saying it was horrible or anything but i just dont think it takes much to compete with around here. I will def try again and if i like more i will rereview the place.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have been to this restaurant numerous times. The food and service is wonderful. We have even taken two different people who don't really like Mexican food and they also thought it was very good. We will be going back.

1  Thank CJ172013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I'm not an expert on Mexican food, but I ordered a beef taco. I always thought that the ground beef is mixed with seasonings to give it flavor. This taco had absolutely NO seasoning! Plain ground beef with veggies and cheese on top. Enchilada the same. Plain ground beef...no seasoning. The steak fajita was ok for the first few minutes until the steak completely dried out because the pieces were cut so small. The steak was obviously not marinated in anything. The veggies were bland as well. The marguerita was ok until I got to the bottom of the glass and it was all syrupy!
Sorry but I've had better food at Taco Bell.
This was supposed to be a relaxing dinner, not like a quick lunch. We sat down, ordered a drink, and the dinner was on the table in less than 10 minutes. I guess the cooks were in a hurry and forgot a few ingredients!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice place with a full bar. Great salsa and fajitas. Beer prices are dirt cheap. Service is good too!

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I have tried several different dishes and all have been very tasty. I'd say we've been in a half dozen times at this point. The Combo menu is very reasonable $ and you get a ton of food. I've also had the fajita's and flautas. The chips are very fresh (homemade?). The salsa and guacamole are homemade and delicious. This is a fairly new restaurant, and there may have been a few growing pains early, but they are on a roll now. Itis our go to place for Mexican in the Cape.

1  Thank tarpon6