“Dont go here any more”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Cape Coral, Florida
“Dont go here any more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

we have used the south cape location for a year with no [problems - tonight we order, same number and our usual 20 minute delivery is 50 minutes - we call, the south location is no longer in business - they are delivering (we hope) from pine island - how warm is that pizza going to be? Still waiting - and they didn't mention that fact - no more don anthonys for us! Why not just be honest and try to retain a customer?

• Visited August 2013

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Prices for Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We live locally and find that the pizza is very good and they have great prices on specials. Place is small with only a few tables, but they deliver.

Visited May 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Good Pizza, but not what I would call a true NY Style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had some friends over last night and needed to order pizza from someplace that delivered. After seeing some reviews and checking their website we decided to try Don Anthony's. We ordered three pies, one plain cheese, one pepperoni and one onion, mushroom and sausage. The delivery was prompt and the price for the three pies was more than reasonable. We all enjoyed the sauce, not too spicy but with a nice taste. The toppings were plentiful and also very tasty. We would have liked the onions to have been cooked before they were added to the pie, but that really wasn't a big deal. What I didn't care for was the crust. Being from Long Island NY I grew up eating pizza with a thin crust that you folded over and ate. The crust from Don Anthony, while good tasting, was simply too thick and doughy for me. There was no crunch like you would expect from a good NY style pizza. All three pies had the same type of crust, so I'd have to think that this is their norm. Overall, the pies were good. They just weren't what I would call authentic NY style pizza. I would certainly order from Don Anthony's again before I ordered from a chain, but I think I'll keep looking for something more like what I used to get in NY.

• Visited July 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Since we moved to the Cape, we've been looking for a good pizza place. Don Anthony's is fairly close to were we live so we gave it a try. This is a small restaurant with limited seating. The counter person was friendly. We ordered a loaded pizza with a lot of ingredients on it. It didn't take that long before the pizza was delivered to our table. The ingredients were plentiful and the flavor was good. Being originally from New Jersey, I know pizza. The only comment I can make is that the pizza sizes were smaller than what I'm used to. Instead of ordering a medium like I am used to doing, I had to order a large to compensate. Other than that, I would recommend Don Anthony's when in Cape Coral. When in Fort Myers, Birdies is the place for pizza.

• Visited July 2013
“Great, great, great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We go all the time. Great pizza, salads, wings and subs. Everything is good and at a great price. We will continue to order from here.

• Visited April 2013