“Delicious Homemade Mexican”

Ranked #157 of 425 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Mexican
“Delicious Homemade Mexican”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

In a town where it feels we are lacking in Mexican cuisine, this place shines. While on the outside it looks somewhat questionable, once entering you are greeted by a cozy well designed family restaurant. The service is decent though somewhat lacking at times when it is busy. I would assume it is mostly due to the lack of extra staff rather than the quality. The menu is fairly small but highlights a majority of what one would like when visiting a Mexican restaurant. Our party indulged in the enchiladas and they were a superb hit. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a small family owned restaurant for delicious home cooked Mexican

3 Thank Wrldtravel84

SW Florida
“Best Mexican Food in Cape Coral”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'd have to say my favorite food is Mexican food. I've eaten it from California, Colorado, Mexico City, Ottawa and Cape Coral. When we first moved here from Colorado 10 years ago you couldn't find a decent Mexican restaurant anywhere in Lee County.

Most of the local places that serve Mexican food are what I call 'gringo food' or what a bunch of white guys who've never eaten real Mexican food think it would be like. When Jorge Cisneros took over El Azteca from his father we found the little cafe on Del Prado by the eyeglass shop after a recommendation from a friend. OMG - what a find. Jorge's style is more Californian than Texican or New Mexican but it is right on. The mole is the best I've tried and if you like pisole you won't find any better.

We generally stop by for lunch and the service is good, Jorge and his daughter are friendly and like to visit with the customers. If you're looking for Taco Bell variety of tacos and burritos I suggest you just go to one of the chains. If you want good Mexican food with beautiful presentation El Azteca is a must.

• Visited December 2012