“Really great 8 corner pizza and love the turbo crust!”
Review of Jet's Pizza

Jet's Pizza
Ranked #248 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I have had the chance to fine at this location several times and have never really had a bad pizza. I would stack it up against all of the top pizza places. The crust flavoring adds a great taste.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

About two years ago, I read many favorable reviews on Jet's Pizza and found the closest location to my home to be a 25 mile drive. Always the explorer for good pizza, my wife and I drove to that location one evening only to find that there was no dine in restaurant, only a delivery and carry out service. Since we were nearly an hour away from home, there was no way I was going to get a carry out, so we left disappointed. About a year ago, Jet's began building a new store in a very close shopping center to our home and we got excited, finally able to try this product that had received so many rave reviews. However, when it finally opened and we tried their pizza, we were once again sadly disappointed.

We like thin crust pizza when we can get it, New York style when we can't. Jet's has three different crusts from which to choose, thin, hand tossed and deep dish. To promote business for the new operation, they offered a small deep dish pizza free with any regular pizza order, so we ordered a thin crust pizza and the small deep dish. Interestingly, we were told by the order taker that we might not want to try the thin crust because she didn't think it was very good. Knowing that many people do not care for thin crust pizza, we thought there was a chance that she simply didn't like any thin crust, rather than this particular one, so we stuck to our order. When we got the pizzas home, we wished we had listened to her. The thin crust pizza was simply terrible; I cannot describe it any other way. It was so bad, we couldn't finish it and threw almost half of it away. The deep dish pizza was pretty much what we expected and the reason that we dislike most deep dish products - it was little more than thick crust and reminded me of eating an oddly shaped piece of French bread with a little sauce, very little cheese and a couple of toppings on it.

Hmmm. Two out of three of their crusts were bad as far as we were concerned, so should we try the third? A couple of weeks later, we ordered the hand tossed crust, Jet's version of a New York style pizza. The result was better than our first impression, but still not a pizza that I would put on my regular to eat list. Frankly, out of all the pizza places in this region that I have tried, I wouldn't put Jet's in the top 10; they simply are not to my liking.

Jet's home base is in Michigan and upon rereading the original reviews, I noticed a preponderance of positive reviewers to be from Michigan, so maybe this is the kind of pizza that is popular there and considered to be the best. However, on a national level, this pizza simply does not hold up. The choice of flavored crust is nice if you like gimmicks - of course, Hungry Howie's had flavored crusts over 20 years ago if you like that sort of thing. Personally, I like a pizza that can stand on its own merits without gimmicks, and Jet's simply doesn't make the cut for me. When their own workers tell you to stay away from one of their products, one would think the powers to be would change the product or get rid of it. That, in itself, is not a good endorsement.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I am going to have to move Jets to the top of my fast food pizza list. The flavorized crust is great and the 8 corner pizza is my favorite. This is a weekly staple at my house and we all enjoy the fresh flavor.