“Nice Sports Bar”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Large booths with TV in each for viewing sports. Also, several large TV's around bar for viewing various sports events.
Very open concept. Not a place for a romantic night out.
Clean. Nice décor.
Wife had great dish of clams. I had a Big Reuben Sandwich. Both excellent.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the second time at this establishment although we didn't eat the first time but did have great service. We decided to try Woody's again taking our in-laws who were visiting from England on their last night of their vacation. Our female server was very friendly and attentive throughout our meal. There were six adults in our party and a toddler and we all ordered different meals. Five members of our party were very satisfied and enjoyed our food and drinks, although my husband was very dissapointed. His jerk chicken which he was told came with vegetables came with two small corn on the cobs. When i told our server my husband was expecting some sort of mixed vegetables and he didn't like corn on the cob the waitress kindly brought him a pot of coleslaw. My husband being polite as he doesn't like a fuss, didn't like to ask for anything else and didn't touch the coleslaw. His chicken was very dry and very bland and three of us in our party tried it also, there was no flavor whatsoever. When our waitress came back over i told her about my husbands meal and she was very polite in saying she would take his meal off the bill. She went away and came back very shortly explaining her manager told her she could not do that and would give him a free dessert instead. I told her we did not care for dessert and asked for a manger to speak to. Now this is where our dining experience really took a turn for the worse. The manageress came out to our table (body language and face very stern) and the first thing she said is "who had the chicken?"
I explained how dry and bland it was and she replied with "well he ate it all" i told her that he ate it all because he didn't want to wait to have another meal cooked and eat by himself, i have a one year daughter that has to be in bed for a suitable time and we simply did not have the time to wait. I have worked in customer service for over ten years and never have i witnessed such a stinking attitude from a manager. It was very obvious as soon as she came out to us that she wouldn't and didn't want to help us. I told her it was only chicken i could of cooked it better myself at home and she replied three times with "he ate it all didn't he?"
our server and even the bar manager came over to apologize for her, they seemed very embarrassed, after all the manager Debbie did not apologize. Our server knocked us off ten percent off the bill in the end which nearly covered my husbands meal but by this time Debbie's confrontation had ruined our night anyway.This horrible experience could have been so easily avoided with an apology and discount. Such a shame as we are locals, i told the Manager "Debbie" we would not be returning again and i would leave a review saying so, she walked off and then continued to point and talk about us to a member of staff in the bar in full view of us. Very unprofessional and frankly we all left stressed and very unhappy. I am currently writing this after cooking my husband some food directly from getting home from Woody's!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you are in the South West Cape Coral area, be sure to stop by this restaurant! This restaurant provides top quality food and service. The staff are so friendly and quick to service. They have a variety of drinks and they put together a special drink for us when we told them what flavors we liked. Very reasonably priced and the hours are great. Also we enjoyed their outdoor dining options. We made a point to stop each day when we stayed in Cape Coral.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday was our first time at this establishment. We loved everything about it.. Especially the buffalo flatbread (we got two). The bar-tender was friendly and attentive! We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a unique place. Huge and spacious and the booths can hold 10 people . Huge bar also, but the floor is cement and the sound is very loud. Good place to watch a ball game, but I wonder about the acoustics. We were there on a Saturday night, early (six pm) and the place filled right up. My husband had his favorite barbeque spare ribs which were very good and I had the pork chop which was way more than I could eat. Done to perfection., The waitstaff comes around and ask how everything is and then takes off before you can talk to them. The special martine was horrible. Cherry and limeade martini for $5. I drink anything, but I couldn't get that one down.